FA Watch

Prestwich_Blue said:
Interestingly, this season Messrs Styles, Riley & Bennett aren't refereeing any more. I'm sure there's no connection.

Riley got a promotion though didn't he?

not my fault! said:
BlueBeenie said:
Im not particularly eloquent when it comes to writing letters so was thinking of a way I could help with this. Had a look and found that <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fawatch.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fawatch.co.uk</a> is currently unregistered and if you want to register this as a seperate website where fans of other clubs could join and help out with the spotting I will cough up the £6 to register it for 2 years if you want.

Having a domain is no use though if there's no forum or website and its something that I couldnt really help with as Im shit at these sort of things, just thought I'd put this out there as I cant see anyone saying anything about registering a website for this. Think it would be helpfull as then its more of a football fan initiative rather than a City fans initiative and others might be more inclined to join in.

If you think its a good idea let me know a paypal name and I'll whip the funds over to you. Keep up the great work!

*edit*
forgot the bloody link to register the domain!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/Domains/register-domains/AvailabilityCheck/default.asp?d=fawatch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/Domains/regi ... awatch.com</a>

Great idea. Could it be linked to Bluemoon? That way it will be know that it was the Manchester City fans that got the ball rolling.

Im sure something could be put on the website but would you want to. It might alienate some clubs fans from helping, the ultimate aim would be for fans of all clubs (dare I say of all leagues) to pressure the FA into realising that they can no longer get away with picking and choosing what they apply the rules to, Im sure this isnt just a premier league issue.

I like the blog idea. Simple quick and can be run by the OP for free. Or a "twitter page" I'm sure that way you would get celeb support? Link them all to Facebook etc too.

BlueBeenie said:
not my fault! said:
Great idea. Could it be linked to Bluemoon? That way it will be know that it was the Manchester City fans that got the ball rolling.

Im sure something could be put on the website but would you want to. It might alienate some clubs fans from helping, the ultimate aim would be for fans of all clubs (dare I say of all leagues) to pressure the FA into realising that they can no longer get away with picking and choosing what they apply the rules to, Im sure this isnt just a premier league issue.
We could have a websites that support this campaign sort of section so that it doesnt look like its a city bias

Montgomery Burns said:
That's very kind of you BlueBeenie.

For all you techies out there:

Is this something that could work?

How would it work in practice?

The use of a website is a good idea in theory but be careful as it could also open up a can of worms that could undermine the approach you are already undertaking. i.e. presumably you would need to open it up to folks to log there issues, this in itself leaves it open to abuse. You then have the Copyright issues of images that are bound to end up on there. The site would need to be properly moderated and monitored which is a lot of work for somebody.

If the above can be worked round then the website itself would be easily developed by one of the friendly techies on here and could actually bring together a wider audience and further recognition.

moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Interestingly, this season Messrs Styles, Riley & Bennett aren't refereeing any more. I'm sure there's no connection.

Riley got a promotion though didn't he?
But he's not referreeing anymore. And there were only three candidates anyway; him, Bennett or Peter Walton and all were tainted to some degree.

sam the drummer said:
BlueBeenie said:
We could have a websites that support this campaign sort of section so that it doesnt look like its a city bias

This ^^^^^ a seperate web address that links to a page on the forum somewhere? Plus a link on here for us to keep up to date? Ric/Mod's is this something that could be looked at? Then other forums/site/fans could use the link to express their thoughts and ideas.

interpol said:
A website sounds a top idea. That way incidents could be logged by fans as and when they happen, and when something like "Bayor-gate" crops up you have a ready made list to hand to reel off to the authorities that so ineptly rule this game.

In principle, that's fine, but that sort of thing is completely beyond me and would need someone else to set up and take responsibility for the running of it.

Clearly some thought needs to be given to this the bigger it gets. I would be quite happy to continue liaising with the FA as and when appropriate, if that what people want, the same goes for the media outlets. But if it helps i'd like to make it clear I'm not claiming ownership of this thing and am more than happy for others better qualified to take it on, if that's what's needed. Whatever is best for the campaign is fine by me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.