FA Watch

Montgomery Burns said:
MouldensChippy said:
Great idea Monty, with a few drawbacks though. If it were to come from this single forum it would just look like 'sour grapes' from a section of MCFC supporters.

It really could do with its own website (the domain name is available) and be inclusive of all the clubs in the Prem (especially those not in the sky 4). It would then seem to be a plausible way of applying pressure for impartiality in all dealings.

Paul.

I understand absolutely the point you make. The fact of the matter is though that something triggered the campaign and it has been the events at COMS. And all cases would be compared to Adebayor's as that's the new landmark against which everything should be judged.

From yesterdays thread HERE

Prestwich_Blue said:
You can set up a blog for nothing and that's probably best for now. Every week you can highlight the glaring inconsistencies.

But you're up against it I'm afraid. Back in April, I understand that the Premier League received cast-iron information about the activities of a syndicate involved in major match fixing activities. The information was so compelling that they actually took action.

Interestingly, this season Messrs Styles, Riley & Bennett aren't refereeing any more. I'm sure there's no connection.

Everyone MUST read this - it's sort of topical, it's absolutely hilarious. But totally untrue of course.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportingo.com/football/a11158_arsenal-manchester-united-chelsea-liverpool-spurs-signings-we-didnt-hear-about" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportingo.com/football/a1115 ... hear-about</a>

I think website like Bluemoon is all that's required. But not affiliated to any one particular club nor set of supporters.

A front page saying what it's all about. And a forum where people can post alleged "unfairnesses".

Surely Ric or one of his lads could manage this? I work in IT, but I don't have the skills to do this unfortunately.

But if funds are needed, I'd gladly contribute.

Chippy_boy said:
I think website like Bluemoon is all that's required. But not affiliated to any one particular club nor set of supporters.

A front page saying what it's all about. And a forum where people can post alleged "unfairnesses".

Surely Ric or one of his lads could manage this? I work in IT, but I don't have the skills to do this unfortunately.

why would Ric want to set up another website like Bluemoon with its own forum ?

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Chippy_boy said:

Think he means add it to this one but give it it's own front page to explain it's a football issue not a City one. Think it's a good idea and it would work, just register the web address and link it to a seperate page on the forum.

I've been contacted by a Spurs fan in response to all this. he says:

I remember the Berbatov campaign, which also got picked up on Spurs sites.

I have a suggestion based on something I observed on a Spurs forum. It involved the 16 fans accused of abusing Sol Campbell last season. Initially they were charged of racial abuse, then the racial element was dropped. A few fans pleaded guilty and other accepted cautions. However, two a father and his 13-year old son, refused to comply and went to court. This was after the father refused an offer to drop charges against him if his son accepted a reprimand. He refused. Initially he was found guilty but he appealed. In the appeal the judge looked at the prosecution evidence and threw out the case without listening to the defence. He then criticised the CPS for bringing it to trial.

The reason I raise this here is that, unlike the initial trial and the guilty verdict, the retrial and quashing of the verdicts went unreported. The father posted the story on a Spurs site and it was discussed. Someone had the idea of writing the story on as a blog, which can be linked to Newsnow. The blog was posted yesterday and picked up by newsnow. Within an hour reports on online news sites appeared (e.g. here) and the Guardian had the story within four hours.

The time line was

Sept 11: someone posted on GG to say they heard the decision had been quashed

Sept 12: someone copied the father post on COYS (a private Spurs forum) to GG

Nothing for 4 days

Sept 16: 11.42 blog posted
Sept 16: 12.12 newsnow pick up blog
Sept 16: 3:32 Guardian article

So my suggestion would be to start a blog to highlight the campaign. I'm not sure how you link blogs to newsnow, but that is the way to get attention. (end)

This supports what others are saying about blogs etc.

not my fault! said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:

Think he means add it to this one but give it it's own front page to explain it's a football issue not a City one. Think it's a good idea and it would work, just register the web address and link it to a seperate page on the forum.

Indeed. I didn't explain it very clearly.

Montgomery Burns said:
I've been contacted by a Spurs fan in response to all this. he says:

I remember the Berbatov campaign, which also got picked up on Spurs sites.

I have a suggestion based on something I observed on a Spurs forum. It involved the 16 fans accused of abusing Sol Campbell last season. Initially they were charged of racial abuse, then the racial element was dropped. A few fans pleaded guilty and other accepted cautions. However, two a father and his 13-year old son, refused to comply and went to court. This was after the father refused an offer to drop charges against him if his son accepted a reprimand. He refused. Initially he was found guilty but he appealed. In the appeal the judge looked at the prosecution evidence and threw out the case without listening to the defence. He then criticised the CPS for bringing it to trial.

The reason I raise this here is that, unlike the initial trial and the guilty verdict, the retrial and quashing of the verdicts went unreported. The father posted the story on a Spurs site and it was discussed. Someone had the idea of writing the story on as a blog, which can be linked to Newsnow. The blog was posted yesterday and picked up by newsnow. Within an hour reports on online news sites appeared (e.g. here) and the Guardian had the story within four hours.

The time line was

Sept 11: someone posted on GG to say they heard the decision had been quashed

Sept 12: someone copied the father post on COYS (a private Spurs forum) to GG

Nothing for 4 days

Sept 16: 11.42 blog posted
Sept 16: 12.12 newsnow pick up blog
Sept 16: 3:32 Guardian article

So my suggestion would be to start a blog to highlight the campaign. I'm not sure how you link blogs to newsnow, but that is the way to get attention. (end)

This supports what others are saying about blogs etc.

It also shows that the wheels are in motion, a City forum yet a Spuds fan has sent you that! Powerfull thing the internet. A blog is a good idea if you can set it up properly.

mike channon´s windmill said:
A seperate forum would suffice - as Matchday, Transfer and Main forums

But it wouldnt be open to the masses. I think what you suggest is a great idea but for the sake of £6 the OP may as well register the web address and if it can be linked to this site and be directed to the page/forum you suggest then other clubs fans can have access.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.