FA Watch

sam the drummer said:
Right now we've got to the point where need someone to do a mockup design for the site. Any photoshoppers out there?

Cant do that but have a lot of time on my hands at present (unfortunatly) if you need anything else doing, offical spokesman perhaps? ;0) I would say that Monty need to be the one who keeps the contact with the FA going, he's done an amazing job getting it this far and his letters have been fantastic.

OUT OF 16k members here I am pretty sure there is at least 1 web developer, 1 photoshoper and 1 programmer :D I´m looking forward to seeing this going live!

Should this topic not be a sticky!!! I sent an email to Sky when the story broke asking whether they would balance out the story by looking at the actions of RVP and the Arsenal fans and surprise surprise no answer yet. Talkshite were still bleating on about it last night FFS. It's about time the FA were more accountable and I said in a different thread that if a judge had made comments about a murder trial he was going to judge prior to the case he wouldnt be allowed to carry on. How can Watmore say what he said and then say the commission is impartial. Given that we are on TV an awful lot in the next few weeks maybe a banner that can be held up for the cameras or at least hung in a prominent place behind a goal may be useful........

Eds said:
Should this topic not be a sticky!!! I sent an email to Sky when the story broke asking whether they would balance out the story by looking at the actions of RVP and the Arsenal fans and surprise surprise no answer yet. Talkshite were still bleating on about it last night FFS. It's about time the FA were more accountable and I said in a different thread that if a judge had made comments about a murder trial he was going to judge prior to the case he wouldnt be allowed to carry on. How can Watmore say what he said and then say the commission is impartial. Given that we are on TV an awful lot in the next few weeks maybe a banner that can be held up for the cameras or at least hung in a prominent place behind a goal may be useful........

Nice idea, we should get it done and have the web address on it so when they show it on TV for the highlights it can be seen and other fans can log on and see what it's all about.

Question - will the people runnung the site be able to get access to ALL footage of every prem game ?- for example I still can´t find last weeks Vidic elbow on Crouch even though I watched it live - we need to be able to lift any piece of action (inc slow-mo where poss) if this is gonna work

i see skies of blue said:
Looks like some real progress has been made over the past two days, and a real consensus is emerging on a new site. Whilst i have no computer skills I'm definately up for supporting this, as I said before though for it to have real impact we need to have fans of other (preferably non "big 4") clubs involved, and this is more important than simply setting up the site. We need to establish links or networks with other groups of fans so we hit the ground running should this ever be launched, otherwise we will have no profile or impact. If the media we invite see that the site is getting a ton of hits and is full of diverse content from other clubs, then we have a chance of change (Good lordy I sound like Obama now!)

What is the rivals/vital football network like? Quite a few blogs on there i do believe, anyone post or moderate over there?

Can we spread the word amongst other City fans via the forums and fansites listed on the OS? anyone know any moderators over there who may have imput, or links to other fansites from other clubs?

Lurkers from other clubs in this board - what do you think? I only post on here, and only infrequently so I have no idea...

Aargh!

I virtually had a reply to send to this when a pm message popped up and I lost my original posting! This is an abbrievated version therefore, due to my complete and utter frustration and is not as touchy feely as normal.

Yes we need to make contact with others. I need a volunteer to co-ordinate this process.

How I see matters moving:

I will compose a suitable message for issue to all fan sites on behalf of FA Watch.

We need to compile a list of other fan sites. The list on the attached RAWK site is as good a place to start, albeit it is not complete or up to date.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=130851.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=130851.0</a>

We need everyone to review the list and tell the co-ordinator of all other known sites.

The co-ordinator then to compile an up to date list of current Premier League fan sites.

Everyone to advise the co-ordinator which sites they currently have posting rights on - and be prepared in due course to contact those sites on behalf of FA Watch.

Co-ordinator to ensure volunteers available to help out by registering on all other fan sites with sole purpose of passing on FA Watch message.

This is an arduous task. By the time we are in a position to start contacting other fan sites I would imagine <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fawatch.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fawatch.org</a> or something similar will be up and running. Hopefully this will dovetail nicely.

So a volunteer to be the co-ordinator, please, and we'll take it from there..

Eds said:

Yeah sticky please mods, it seems to be falling on deaf ears:-), Banner? good idea.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Question - will the people runnung the site be able to get access to ALL footage of every prem game ?- for example I still can´t find last weeks Vidic elbow on Crouch even though I watched it live - we need to be able to lift any piece of action (inc slow-mo where poss) if this is gonna work

Answer from my end is not, as I'm no techie as I keep repeating - is this possible from watching MOTD etc - with possible copyright issues.

I don't see a problem in writing to the FA about a particular incident if it's been widely discussed in the media, whether we've got video footage or not - the important thing is the FA have access to all necessary video footage so that should be enough. For example, I can't imagine them saying we have no idea which RVP goal celebration at COMS you are referring to - although given it's the FA we shouldn't take anything for granted I guess!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.