FA Watch

To be fair TMQ, the MO of FA watch doesnt appear to be against such decisions as close offsides!

It's the we'll punish you, not punish him, type affairs.

ultimateharold said:
To be fair TMQ, the MO of FA watch doesnt appear to be against such decisions as close offsides!

I'm only asking out of curiosity mate, not having a pop. I was just wondering where the line is drawn in terms of what goes and what doesn't go. Is there a difference to a debatable offside and a stamp that goes undetected for example? Also it has to be said, we all enjoyed Ball's stamp on the tranny yet hated Berbatovs stamp on Kompany.

TheMightyQuinn said:
ultimateharold said:

I'm only asking out of curiosity mate, not having a pop. I was just wondering where the line is drawn in terms of what goes and what doesn't go. Is there a difference to a debatable offside and a stamp that goes undetected for example? Also it has to be said, we all enjoyed Ball's stamp on the tranny yet hated Berbatovs stamp on Kompany.

No worries, didnt think you were mate!

Offsides and the like are part and parcel of the game. Part of its appeal, as there have to be talking points. I think the FA watch thing is born from incidents such as ronaldo x many last year, skrtel on jo, bosingwa, being unprovoked and unpunished, but SWP v stoke equalling a ban. Then the media uproar with Ade, well, wouldnt have taken place, with a top 4 team. Rooney does it, and it's 'take his aggression, take his talent' that kind of BS.

ultimateharold said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

No worries, didnt think you were mate!

Offsides and the like are part and parcel of the game. Part of its appeal, as there have to be talking points. I think the FA watch thing is born from incidents such as ronaldo x many last year, skrtel on jo, bosingwa, being unprovoked and unpunished, but SWP v stoke equalling a ban. Then the media uproar with Ade, well, wouldnt have taken place, with a top 4 team. Rooney does it, and it's 'take his aggression, take his talent' that kind of BS.

No worries, I suspected I may have sounded sarcastic in my original post which wasn't my intention.

I've agreed with almost all of the FA Watch stuff so far, I agree the discrepancies do need to be eliminated. Is it just these incidents then that FA watch will be looking at or will offsides and whatnot factor?

The difference as I see it is that things like offside are judgement calls, made in the heat of the moment. Mistakes are always going to be made, and I while I do think they tend to favour the Sky 4 I don't think you're ever going to change that.

Reportable incidents happen after the fact, and the FA has time and opportunity to apply it's rules on each occasion fairly. The fact that they don't is fairly obvious and that can be proven time and time again.

By the way, while I did enjoy the Ball stamp I certainly had no complaints with him getting a ban for it. If the FA did see fit to ignore something like that I would see that as within the remit of FA Watch to question why.

0103 said:
The difference as I see it is that things like offside are judgement calls, made in the heat of the moment. Mistakes are always going to be made, and I while I do think they tend to favour the Sky 4 I don't think you're ever going to change that.

Reportable incidents happen after the fact, and the FA has time and opportunity to apply it's rules on each occasion fairly. The fact that they don't is fairly obvious and that can be proven time and time again.

By the way, while I did enjoy the Ball stamp I certainly had no complaints with him getting a ban for it. If the FA did see fit to ignore something like that I would see that as within the remit of FA Watch to question why.

Yeah I see the difference now mate, I'm slightly hazy headed at the moment but I get it :)

Yeah I agree regarding Ball, loved it at the time, although he was mental to risk that 90secs or so in, but had no beef with him being banned in retrospect.

Just seen the incident from Everton vs Wolves yesterday where the Wolves defender was shown a red card for a bit of a skirmish with Tim Howard. I thought Tim Howard was more in the wrong and should have been shown a red himself, he ran up to the Wolves player and grabbed the back of his head and threw him to the ground.

Will Tim Howard be getting a 3 match retrospective Adebayor style ban?

No I doubt it!, it all depends, on if the FA decide to re-ref the game. The ref didn't see Howard as a red card.
If they did decide to re ref, then they should look at all the tackles that weren't given in that game.

The inconsistencies by the FA are what matters, they shouldn't really be picking and choosing which games to re-ref. Cost us points at the swamp and our best player for three games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.