FA Youth Cup 2014/15 Thread

Yates said:
I can see Kelechi Iheanacho playing next week if fit enough for some extra power in the side.

Why wasnt he playing? Will Ambrose be fit next week? Go one up next week you never know.

Stephenhakin said:
Totally proud of the boys last night. Up against a very big very gifted Chelsea side we stood firm and battled. Lot of heart to be taken from the game I thought and but for one or two individual errors could of gone into the 2nd leg at 2 each. First team take note.

And also feel for Haug he has obviously been told to keep playing it out from the back despite not being comfortable doing it. Let him learn and improve from his mistakes.

I think we (Chelsea) have put together some very good youth sides in recent seasons. There are no real stand-out players, but they are all decent and play well as a unit. Last season, we overcame Fulham in the final and yet they had the best player on the pitch - Patrick Roberts. Last night was similar, we were the stronger side, but I think individually, some of the City players were better and your black lad up front (sorry, can't recall his name) was the best player with the ball at his feet.

But we are both similar. No matter how well our youth teams do, unless a youngster is actually top draw and the next Messi or Silva or Hazard etc, they won't make the first 11. Loftus-Cheek is the current one youngster who has all the hopes on his shoulders and follows, McEachran, Chalobah, Ake and to be fair, he does have the physical presence that seems the main requirement at CFC these days, but at the end of the day, all the time we can go out and sign a £30m + player, the odds are stacked against them.

Good Luck in the second leg.

CFCnibs said:
I think we (Chelsea) have put together some very good youth sides in recent seasons. There are no real stand-out players, but they are all decent and play well as a unit. Last season, we overcame Fulham in the final and yet they had the best player on the pitch - Patrick Roberts. Last night was similar, we were the stronger side, but I think individually, some of the City players were better and your black lad up front (sorry, can't recall his name) was the best player with the ball at his feet.

But we are both similar. No matter how well our youth teams do, unless a youngster is actually top draw and the next Messi or Silva or Hazard etc, they won't make the first 11. Loftus-Cheek is the current one youngster who has all the hopes on his shoulders and follows, McEachran, Chalobah, Ake and to be fair, he does have the physical presence that seems the main requirement at CFC these days, but at the end of the day, all the time we can go out and sign a £30m + player, the odds are stacked against them.

Good Luck in the second leg.

Fair play. I reckon your left back could make it. Reminded me of Micah when he first came onto the scene. Well done. Early goal for us in the 2nd leg who knows.

Stephenhakin said:
Yates said:
I can see Kelechi Iheanacho playing next week if fit enough for some extra power in the side.

Why wasnt he playing? Will Ambrose be fit next week? Go one up next week you never know.

Iheanacho just started training again and Ambrose has surgery a few weeks back so doubt he'll be fit.

Stephenhakin said:
Yates said:

Ambrose is on crutches unfortunately, so won't be fit for the 2nd leg. Both he and Boadu were badly missed.

As for Iheanacho, I know he's on his comeback from injury, and has been training for about 2 weeks fully now, so maybe we'll see him next week?

Yates said:
Stephenhakin said:
Yates said:

Iheanacho just started training again and Ambrose has surgery a few weeks back so doubt he'll be fit.

Cheers.

The left back Jay Dasilva for Chelsea is an excellent talent.

The three forwards could all become Premiership players, whether for Chelsea or not.

Decent atmos last night.

My mate was jittery when 'outed' by someone he knew when we were queuing to get in only to find someone else he knew out him when he sat down.

We struggled against a bigger/stronger side until around 70 mins when Chelsea tired.

Standout players their full backs and No.11 Brown, Nemane played the best I've seen him, Tosin was very good along with Angelino and Maffeo.

A draw would have been a fair result. If we can keep in the game til late on at there's we'll have a chance.

Just read free travel....after the stories of Palace there's no way I'd trust the club even for free.

Really enjoyed the game last night just as I have enjoyed several other Academy and EDS matches. They play good football from the back andmake the odd mistake because of this but this has to be the way forward. All of them are comfortable on the ball and give 100% which is great. management are also capable of making substitutions that have positive effects upon the play. Well done to all and I thought they were going to bring it back to 2-2. Chelsea had the physical advantage throughout and took their chances which was a big difference.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd leg in terms of anticipating another good game of football between two good teams. Having been down to the first leg of the 2008 final I am also expecting a good atmosphere. I will be travelling with hope.

Youth cup football is usually enjoyable and finals are special occasions where the achievements of our young blues and associated management teams can be celebrated. Well done all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.