FA Youth Cup 2014/15 Thread

twosips said:
Christ that was fucking frustrating. Not only do I think we did ourselves a disservice, I also spent the whole game sat surrounding by fucking utter c**ts who spent the whole first half groaning, and im not kidding there was this one guy sat next me to who shouted "PRESS HIM, PRESS HIM, PRESS HIM" incessantly for the the whole game. Like ten times per minute until his throat was hoarse. Didn't even make sense. He was louder than Wilcox! Anyone sat in the West stand must have heard him? He was right next to me and he was utterly ridiculous - joined by his stuck in the 80s mate who kept shouting "GET STUCK IN. FUCKING HAVE HIM. KICK HIM FFS. DO SOMETHING - WHATS WRONG WITH YOU. PASS IT FUCKING FORWARD! NOT BACKWARDS!" - That last one in particular did my nut in. Then when they tried a speculative longer pass as demanded, he groaned like mad when it wasn't perfect. Clueless, negative shout-at-ten-year-old-kids-in-the-sunday-league type.....
You could hear that prat throughout the match on the telly, it was annoying enough through the TV speakers. Well done on not twatting him.

ColinLee said:
twosips said:
Christ that was fucking frustrating. Not only do I think we did ourselves a disservice, I also spent the whole game sat surrounding by fucking utter c**ts who spent the whole first half groaning, and im not kidding there was this one guy sat next me to who shouted "PRESS HIM, PRESS HIM, PRESS HIM" incessantly for the the whole game. Like ten times per minute until his throat was hoarse. Didn't even make sense. He was louder than Wilcox! Anyone sat in the West stand must have heard him? He was right next to me and he was utterly ridiculous - joined by his stuck in the 80s mate who kept shouting "GET STUCK IN. FUCKING HAVE HIM. KICK HIM FFS. DO SOMETHING - WHATS WRONG WITH YOU. PASS IT FUCKING FORWARD! NOT BACKWARDS!" - That last one in particular did my nut in. Then when they tried a speculative longer pass as demanded, he groaned like mad when it wasn't perfect. Clueless, negative shout-at-ten-year-old-kids-in-the-sunday-league type.....
You could hear that prat throughout the match on the telly, it was annoying enough through the TV speakers. Well done on not twatting him.

Yes, it clear that quite a few don't know how to enjoy, appreciate and support young footballers learning their trade. Lots of those on view last night will make the professional grade somewhere and have to put up with comments like that on a more consistent level. There is usually only the one "nutter" at EDS /Academy fixtures - city jacket, white hair with quiff, and square type face. When he is . not shouting "Press Him" he has a go at the ref and stands up and throws his arms in the air at every decision. A true "Nutter".

We seem to have a more defined style of play than the first team if Im honest, its to be applauded the work all of the coaching staff are putting in to instil the correct style of play at the levels below the first team. If only Manuel would tell Joe to throw or pass it to a defender instead of humping it up to 3ft Aguero-that would be a start!

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
ColinLee said:
twosips said:

Yes, it clear that quite a few don't know how to enjoy, appreciate and support young footballers learning their trade. Lots of those on view last night will make the professional grade somewhere and have to put up with comments like that on a more consistent level. There is usually only the one "nutter" at EDS /Academy fixtures - city jacket, white hair with quiff, and square type face. When he is . not shouting "Press Him" he has a go at the ref and stands up and throws his arms in the air at every decision. A true "Nutter".

I thought one of our defenders was called Pressim and another lad was called Kickim although I accept he didn't see much of the ball as I only heard his name occasionally.
Whilst he (Press him) was a dick I thought the crowd especially the lot behind the goal got behind the team.

You could hear that prat throughout the match on the telly, it was annoying enough through the TV speakers. Well done on not twatting him.[/quote]

Yes, it clear that quite a few don't know how to enjoy, appreciate and support young footballers learning their trade. Lots of those on view last night will make the professional grade somewhere and have to put up with comments like that on a more consistent level. There is usually only the one "nutter" at EDS /Academy fixtures - city jacket, white hair with quiff, and square type face. When he is . not shouting "Press Him" he has a go at the ref and stands up and throws his arms in the air at every decision. A true "Nutter".[/quote]

I think he would have had good reason to have a go at the ref last night, Madeley was shocking even by Sunday league standards

CFCnibs said:
I think we (Chelsea) have put together some very good youth sides in recent seasons. There are no real stand-out players, but they are all decent and play well as a unit. Last season, we overcame Fulham in the final and yet they had the best player on the pitch - Patrick Roberts. Last night was similar, we were the stronger side, but I think individually, some of the City players were better and your black lad up front (sorry, can't recall his name) was the best player with the ball at his feet.

But we are both similar. No matter how well our youth teams do, unless a youngster is actually top draw and the next Messi or Silva or Hazard etc, they won't make the first 11. Loftus-Cheek is the current one youngster who has all the hopes on his shoulders and follows, McEachran, Chalobah, Ake and to be fair, he does have the physical presence that seems the main requirement at CFC these days, but at the end of the day, all the time we can go out and sign a £30m + player, the odds are stacked against them.

Good Luck in the second leg.

I thought Chelsea played a great game last night & whilst their organisation & physical superiority was the biggest difference, there was some quality football amongst it.

I do think City have the bigger individual talents out of the two teams but I don't see why both City or Chelsea have to require a Hazard or Aguero.to come through. A Willian or Milner still saves eithet club a fortune. If Chelsea found the lad at fullback for instance, was good enough to be second fullback in the senior squad, then it's a free transfer effectively, & they can spend the money elsewhere.

I'm hoping a few of this City squad will be stars, but if that doesn't work out, a Clichy or Fernando, even an Adam Johnson, is am option for the first team & saves us quite a lot of money, plus qualifying in the squad rules.

Anyhow well played last night & let's hope for a good game in the 2nd leg. Perhaps Greg fucking Dyke will attend, but I won't hold my breath as it wouldn't fit his agenda.

Neville Kneville said:
CFCnibs said:
I think we (Chelsea) have put together some very good youth sides in recent seasons. There are no real stand-out players, but they are all decent and play well as a unit. Last season, we overcame Fulham in the final and yet they had the best player on the pitch - Patrick Roberts. Last night was similar, we were the stronger side, but I think individually, some of the City players were better and your black lad up front (sorry, can't recall his name) was the best player with the ball at his feet.

But we are both similar. No matter how well our youth teams do, unless a youngster is actually top draw and the next Messi or Silva or Hazard etc, they won't make the first 11. Loftus-Cheek is the current one youngster who has all the hopes on his shoulders and follows, McEachran, Chalobah, Ake and to be fair, he does have the physical presence that seems the main requirement at CFC these days, but at the end of the day, all the time we can go out and sign a £30m + player, the odds are stacked against them.

I thought Chelsea played a great game last night & whilst their organisation & physical superiority was the biggest difference, there was some quality football amongst it.

I do think City have the bigger individual talents out of the two teams but I don't see why both City or Chelsea have to require a Hazard or Aguero.to come through. A Willian or Milner still saves eithet club a fortune. If Chelsea found the lad at fullback for instance, was good enough to be second fullback in the senior squad, then it's a free transfer effectively, & they can spend the money elsewhere.

I'm hoping a few of this City squad will be stars, but if that doesn't work out, a Clichy or Fernando, even an Adam Johnson, is am option for the first team & saves us quite a lot of money, plus qualifying in the squad rules.

Anyhow well played last night & let's hope for a good game in the 2nd leg. Perhaps Greg fucking Dyke will attend, but I won't hold my breath as it wouldn't fit his agenda.

That's correct. We don't have to be waiting for that star performer, it's just as important to be able to fill the squad. If you can do that, there's no reason a player won't continue to develop and go on to be even better at a later age. The Chelsea side was quality last night, I think the physical side helped but still, plenty of technique and pace on show and it was a good advert for youth football from two clubs criticised for failing to nurture young players.

There are two players from our academy playing week in week out at Burnley. Whilst there might not be any in our first team now (Hart half counts) we've still brought youngsters through to have careers in the game and that's important. The media beat Chelsea and City with a stick but praise the rags and liverpool (what have they won the past couple of seasons) for playing young talents like Henderson (bought), Sterling (bought), Sturridge (bought), (Jones, Shaw and Smalling... you get the point).

It doesn't matter about that agenda. Both clubs have top quality players who will go on to have careers in football. It's a bonus if they become first team stars or even squad players. With City I think our whole philosophy as a club with the Directors etc means we will see players involved. I hope the same happens at Chelsea but you worry because of the often first team only approach it might not... then again it is still the same at City despite what we expect to see... I think we're a couple years away yet but I imagine we'll do just what kneville says above to spend money on key top quality talents only. Was it 6 Mancunians in the starting 11 (counting Nemane)?

supercity88 said:
Neville Kneville said:
CFCnibs said:

That's correct. We don't have to be waiting for that star performer, it's just as important to be able to fill the squad. If you can do that, there's no reason a player won't continue to develop and go on to be even better at a later age. The Chelsea side was quality last night, I think the physical side helped but still, plenty of technique and pace on show and it was a good advert for youth football from two clubs criticised for failing to nurture young players.

There are two players from our academy playing week in week out at Burnley. Whilst there might not be any in our first team now (Hart half counts) we've still brought youngsters through to have careers in the game and that's important. The media beat Chelsea and City with a stick but praise the rags and liverpool (what have they won the past couple of seasons) for playing young talents like Henderson (bought), Sterling (bought), Sturridge (bought), (Jones, Shaw and Smalling... you get the point).

It doesn't matter about that agenda. Both clubs have top quality players who will go on to have careers in football. It's a bonus if they become first team stars or even squad players. With City I think our whole philosophy as a club with the Directors etc means we will see players involved. I hope the same happens at Chelsea but you worry because of the often first team only approach it might not... then again it is still the same at City despite what we expect to see... I think we're a couple years away yet but I imagine we'll do just what kneville says above to spend money on key top quality talents only. Was it 6 Mancunians in the starting 11 (counting Nemane)?

Another role for these kids (which imo some could be doing now) is as impact players.

I don't care if Brandon Barker isn't yet effective for 90 mins (wingers aren't usually anyway) what he can do is beat players, shoot, pass & is fast as fuck.

I don't want to see a player coming on against City with 15 minutes to go at 1-0, who has Barker's ability. There would be a decent chance hecwould wrongfoot Zaba or Kolarov.at some point and get a shot/cross into a dangerous area. That's worth using imo & we have missed a trick not doing it.

But then again when you hear about the minotity of loud mouthed numpties in the crowd & multiply that by 10 at the Etihad, perhaps it is best to keep these kids away from them.

Enjoyed last nights game, like has been said we did struggle physically against them however i really like the look of Colkett and Da Silva two of Chelsea's smallest players. We struggled especially in center midfield because of the pressure that Chelsea put us under, we gave the ball away a lot more than usual in those areas. I thought the younger lads in the team did really well last night, Tosin Humphries and especially Nemane and Buckley upfront. Those two seem to have improved significantly going off last nights performance which is great to see. I wouldnt put Iheanacho in the side even if he is 100% fit, these lads have got this far, so they should be given the chance to try and get it right in the away leg.

Totally agree with you lot. It's why I always look at City as the Chelsea of the North or us as the City of the South. We both went years with relegations & promotions and F All success (other than our 5-4 drubbing of you in the mighty Full Members Cup Final!) When things turned and we started winning proper trophies under Gullit and then Vialli, I couldn't give a toss who was playing and I'm sure City are the same. But now, it's not that we've become spoilt, but it would mean so much more to see a few (but one would do) academy players make it to the first team. I'm still gutted McEachran never made it with us as when I first saw him at 17 I was certain I had just seen our future No.10.

We're all hoping that a few players will get moved on in the summer (Mikel and possibly Ramires, Oscar and I think Cuadrado could do a good job at City if you're interested) and hopefully one or two of our youngsters will get a decent chance, rather than go out on loan again or sit on the bench and just admire the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.