Fabian Delph linked in Mirror (Merged)

Re: Fabian Delph linked in Mirror

Granted that every time I've seen him is against poor sides, however.....he has all the attributes of a top class midfielder; he's sharp, he can tackle and he can pass the ball. Let's not forget that we don't always have to sign the finished product, especially when the player is young and will be signed initially as back up.

I'd buy him.

He will be a great addition. He's a youngster and with a bright future still ahead of him. He played in Leeds playoff games, he was quality.

AntMcfc said:
I'd much rather we signed Hazard from Lille who I can guarantee you will become one of the world's best, but I certainly won't be complaining if we were to sign Deplh.

For once I agree with you. Genuine world class prospect. I hope that with the money we now have we are seriously extending our scouting network so that we can be picking these kind of kids up at 15-18 from all across the world.

brief update - City hoping to announce this next 48 hours.

Leeds play Burnley this afternoon, so could even come out somewhere by later tonight.

As previously stated, a deal has been reached, only issues of where the lad ends up next season.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
As previously stated, a deal has been reached, only issues of where the lad ends up next season.

Hope we don't give in on this, as we could do with him in our squad as cover for Ireland if we sign him, I think.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Leeds play Burnley this afternoon, so could even come out somewhere by later tonight.

excellent news, have a few clubs come in for him?

2009-08-01 - Added by ExtraFootie Big

spenders Manchester City are on the verge of tabling a mammoth bid for Leeds wonderkid Fabian Delph as they hope to bolster their ranks further.

It seems as if having the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor, Robinho, Roque Santa Cruz and Carlos Tevez amongst others at his disposal, just isn't enough for Man City boss Mark Hughes.

Now he's set to raid the lower leagues to add yet more firepower to his squad with Leeds's sought after attacking ace Fabian Delph the subject of a reportedly imminent £10million bid.

With the exception of John Terry The Citizens have just about landed every player they have gone in for this summer and a bid of that nature for the 19-year-old starlet would surely be too hard to turn down for the Yorkshire club.

The England U21 man has made 44 league appearances for the Elland Road outfit and netted six times during his three year spell there but has been long rumoured to be moving on to pastures new.

Both Spurs and Manchester United have been monitoring the Bradford born hitman but neither club has made a move. It seems that Eastlands may well be his new home after City table the bid this week, though news of the move may prompt other last minute bids from North London or the red side of Manchester.

Dyed Petya said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Hope we don't give in on this, as we could do with him in our squad as cover for Ireland if we sign him, I think.

Agree on this one. I don't see how another year in the third division would benefit Delph. Either loan him to a club in the Championship or have him with the first team squad picking up cup games and substitute appearances.

sam221985 said:
Yeah yeah I know it's only the mirror etc....

I don't follow the lower leagues much, is he all that good? £10m good?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/31/city-geared-up-for-a-fab-future-115875-21560395/

City geared up for a Fab future

31/07/2009

THE ORIGINAL GOSSIP COLUMN..LATEST NEWS..THE BIGGEST MOVES..EVERY SINGLE DAY

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes is ready to snap up Leeds United teenage midfield sensation Fabian Delph in a stunning £10million deal.

City made their move yesterday after watching Delph in preseason games - and they will outbid Tottenham and Aston Villa to land him in the next few days.

League One Leeds would ideally like to keep the 19-year-old on loan for the season and that may even be an option, although the Blues would prefer to get him into their squad straight away.
i woundn't give leeds jack shit

tolmie's hairdoo said:

you couldnt make it up, oh but you just did

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.