Fabian Delph linked in Mirror (Merged)

Re: Fabian Delph linked in Mirror

Project said:
Andouble said:
"We have an interest in the situation," said Hughes

Hughes speak is becoming legendary.

hehe!

It must be everyones dream to find themselves marooned on a remote desert island with Mark Hughes .......

I can hear his words now ....

"We have an interest in getting off this island someday"!

hehe!

Project said:
Andouble said:
"We have an interest in the situation," said Hughes

Hughes speak is becoming legendary.
humphrey-who-250.jpg

"If people don't know what you're doing, they don't know what you're doing wrong."

Does anyone think Delph would "supplement the good players we already have here"?

Tricky_Trev said:
Does anyone think Delph would "supplement the good players we already have here"?

I think so, plus he will get himself a handful of games as contrary to popular opinion I dont think our midfield is particularly strong in terms of depth. Even more so with Elano gone. That's why I see no reason to send him back to Leeds on loan. You do that for players with little first team experience in a competitive league, and Delph already has that. To me it's time for him to step up in terms of the players he is around and playing against.

dave_blue12 said:
Don't see any apologies to tolmie's hairdoo !!!

lol

Indeed.

I know Tolmie's Hairdoo, and people shouldn't doubt his credentials.

Project said:
Tricky_Trev said:

I think so, plus he will get himself a handful of games as contrary to popular opinion I dont think our midfield is particularly strong in terms of depth. Even more so with Elano gone. That's why I see no reason to send him back to Leeds on loan. You do that for players with little first team experience in a competitive league, and Delph already has that. To me it's time for him to step up in terms of the players he is around and playing against.
I wasn't expecting a proper response! I was taking the mick out of another classic Hughes quote. But i completely agree with your reply! From what i've seen of Delph, he is someone that is prepared to drive out of his own half with the ball and look to exploit gaps. We've lacked someone that does this since Johnson disappeared. Currently, our build up play is so slow that we alow the opposition to get back organised, but what Johno did well, and what Delph also does is actually carry the ball forwards and look to be direct. This therefore stops the opposition from re-organising and defending our attack with ease. Delph would be great cover for Ireland's position should he be injured, but he will also get many games alongside Ireland, with Barry then sitting. De Jong's place is far from secure. Delph's a great addition in my opinion (if it happens).

I hope we don't get him.. a decent young forgein player who has had a decent run out in a top flight division would be better..

But if we do get Delph then loan him out.. maybe to hull, birmingham, wolve's somewhere where he will get 1st team football and prove himself in the prem league.. As he could end up being a BIG FLOP..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.