Fabian Delph linked in Mirror (Merged)

Re: Fabian Delph linked in Mirror

Been watching this place for a while:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=154905&st=420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=154905&st=420</a>[/quote]

you working for MI5?

Ntini77 said:
Sign this little munchkin up !
Hi Ntini. I take it you're a fan then, like me? It would be refreshng to have someone that actually drives forward at people in the centre of midfield. And this "little munchkin" is not afraid to put himself about either. If we develop him well, he could become the complete midfielder. I like the idea of Delph alongside Ireland with Barry sitting behind them. I think we look too static in midfield with Barry AND De Jong. By all means play them both away from home, but at home i think we need to be more dynamic. Delph would be class.

I've only seen Delph a couple of times and he was a good player for his age and experience. What we have to take into account is that like with all young players and especially ones from the lower leagues buying him would be a risk, but name me one player who doesn't represent a risk: Samaras, Robbie Fowler, Veron, Shevchenko, Robbie Keane to Liverpool all spring to mind.

I found this player description of him which if it's true, and judging by the quality of clubs who are in for the kid, he must have something special about him.

"At just 19 years of age Leeds United’s athletic midfielder Fabian Delph has been linked with a host of Premier League clubs with Man City apparently being the latest to throw money at the player. A bid of around £10 million has been faxed through to Elland Road as the zillionaire Citizens look to continue their spending spree.

Despite only having played two professional seasons at Leeds, the first of which containing just one senior appearance, the teenage prodigy is considered Premiership standard. He more than proved himself at the League One side last season, earning a League One player of the year nomination and capturing the division’s young player of the year award.

Delph has impressed Premier League scouts in person though, as The Mirror reported on Friday 31st July, “City made their move yesterday after watching Delph in pre-season games and they will outbid Tottenham and Aston Villa to land him in the next few days.”

With City’s money burning a hole in their pockets and their bid for a Champions League spot looking healthier with every signing, the Leeds midfielder’s head will have been turned. But what would City be getting if they shelled out £10million to bring Delph to the Eastlands Stadium?

The England Under-21 International is a multi-talented midfield player. He has been likened to a young Steven Gerrard with his tough tackling, beautiful range of passes and an ability to pick out the top corner from 30 yards. He managed to bag 6 league goals in 41 league matches last season but his ‘reducer’ tackles earned the Bradford born player 10 yellow cards.

It does seem unlikely however that Delph would slot straight into Mark Hughes’ first team with the array of talents at his disposal. Barry, De Jong and Ireland would surely outrank the youngster and he will want to avoid the cliché of young English talent moving to a big club too soon and failing.

Perhaps Leeds manager Simon Grayson will keep Delph and continue to build a team around his talents. The Leeds boss holds the power, with his midfielder contracted till June 2012, and the youngster could buy into Leeds as a long term project. Leeds are going through a period of transition as they attempt to rise up the leagues, but they are still one of the biggest clubs in England. All giants sleep sometimes.

The Mirror saying a return loan deal could be an option, “League One Leeds would ideally like to keep the 19-year-old on loan for the season and that may even be an option, although the Blues would prefer to get him into their squad straight away.”

It remains to be seen if the transfer will go through. Does Fabian Delph deserve a chance to show if he is the Premier League’s new Stevie G? Will it be a case of Fabian Flying or Delph Dying?"

Interesting article about the untapped talent in the lower leagues;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6736020.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 736020.ece</a>

Delph makes both of the 'experts' teams....

It`s now on the BBCwebsite. Hughes said he dosen`t know where we are with it because of the game we have played.

Cottonopolis said:
It`s now on the BBCwebsite. Hughes said he dosen`t know where we are with it because of the game we have played.

Leading us to believe that something is going on behind closed doors.

goes to toilet sits down and has a wank

I like this quote from the Leeds forum:
He's a rare talent, he'll play on the world stage and excel with a doubt. The early part of last season he put the smiles back on the fans faces - Fabian Delph, the English mesia, the new national bazzuka had arrived.

It's very sad that he can't be the talisman that takes up back to the PL, it's such a pleasure to watch the way takes the piss out of the opponents. Think it was MK dons at home when he went past 4/5 players like the werent even there? That was unbelievable. The lads got everything and I fuckin love his nasty streak!

Much as I detest Bates at £10m it's sound business and with a very heavy, heavy heart you have to do the deal. My concern is clearly what will happen to the coin under Bates' stewardship?? f*** knows.

At least we can say "we watched Fabian Delph play for Leeds" when he's competing for the world player of the year award.

Though
he wont be competing for world player of the year in the future, thats some funny stuff, he's good but not that good.

We confirmed our interest then, I think it wont take more than a week to conclude the deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.