Fabian Delph linked in Mirror (Merged)

Re: City Trying To Sign Fabian Delph

Grimble said:
Never really seen him but would love this to happen. One of my workmates is a Leeds fan and hes their very own comical ali..he wouldnt go to city, leeds are the biggest and best in the world, why the fuck would he join city ect. Would give me much joy if he did :)

your mate needs help, he has delusionalitus.

de niro said:
Grimble said:
Never really seen him but would love this to happen. One of my workmates is a Leeds fan and hes their very own comical ali..he wouldnt go to city, leeds are the biggest and best in the world, why the fuck would he join city ect. Would give me much joy if he did :)

It's nice to see a spell in the lower leagues doesn't seem to have helped our friends from Yorkshire, when it comes to their delusion.

Re: Fabian Delph linked in Mirror

Another round of talks early afternoon - more to do with convincing the boy - we're still hoping to announce by close of day tomorrow.

Kid has a decent head on his shoulders and asking all right questions in terms of his future role at club, opportunties etc.

There will be no financial issues from what I've been led to believe.

Can imagine Bates in positively foaming at mouth in excitement on this one.

You are all entitled to take my actual timeframes/past/future with a pinch of salt, at any time, these are genuine expectations/intentions at the time they are spoken to me.

Same as with previous on Tevez, Santa and Lescott. I'll try to avoid being too specific in attempting to keep people happy.

There is also an update on Lescott which will post on my other thread.

Cheers tolmie, One thing that does concern me about the young talents we are pursuing is, the perception of getting their chance in the first team. They know they will be well paid, but say if villa or spuds match our valuation the kid would still earn good money there but likely get more opportunity to play. Would this stop us getting good young talent!

I just wonder if our financial muscle can sometimes play against us.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
de niro said:
It's nice to see a spell in the lower leagues doesn't seem to have helped our friends from Yorkshire, when it comes to their delusion.

How much longer do they have to be there berfore it's no longer classed as a "spell"?

to be fair 10million is pocket money to your arab chaps, so even if delph does turn out to be crap (which i dont think he will) it wont really matter to you financially. this lad is THE BEST young english prospect at the minute, and i think if he gets the right training and competetive matches he will be fookin awesome. spurs, villa, everton, newcastle all think he is gonna be great and i think SCUM have even made an offer. you wont be dissappointed with this lad and we wont be dissappointed with 10 mill. good deal for both especially if he comes back on loan for the season.

The Fixer said:
Cheers tolmie, One thing that does concern me about the young talents we are pursuing is, the perception of getting their chance in the first team. They know they will be well paid, but say if villa or spuds match our valuation the kid would still earn good money there but likely get more opportunity to play. Would this stop us getting good young talent!

I just wonder if our financial muscle can sometimes play against us.

Sure this is also a concern of the club, but, other than not trying to sign-up the best young talent, we will have to continue to put ourselves out there and hope all the factors are right.

If someone of Delph's age is concerned/entitled enough to ask the questions you have also raised, others will be presented with the same dilemmas.

The only upside in avoiding Delph/another choosing a Villa or Spurs, who are willing to match our valuations, is, we are still the only club willing to offer all the cash upfront.

A major advantage in current climate and not one lost on City.

The players who are confident enough in their own ability, will always make the move. Suppose it's the same as the Acedemy kids, who knuckle down and believe they can make the breakthough.

£10m would be an absolutely farcicial price.

Out of all the signings that would be the most ridiculous overspend by far.

The kid has not even played in the Championship.

If you are someone that subscribes to the "stupid money damages the game/competition" then this transfer, at that price, would be right up your street.

I don't subscribe to that but even as a City fan I am slightly uneasy at that sort of price for a kid that has proved absolutely nothing in his career.

It's a complete joke of a price.

Never mind the money for Adebayor, Toure, De Jong, RSC or whoever else. Compared to the £10m for Delph they are the bargains of the century.

So much for the "we refuse to be ripped off" line. This price is being absolutely fleeced, if true.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
This price is being absolutely fleeced, if true.

I presume that the £10 million will be the total fee, including conditional payments that will only be made if he makes certain numbers of appearances, wins things with us, plays for England etc. How much we're paying up front will dictate how good a deal it is. I suspect that it will remain a closely guarded secret. Bates will trumpet the headline figure to make it sound as though he got a fantastic deal for his club (which may well be true anyway).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.