Fabian Delph linked in Mirror (Merged)

Re: Fabian Delph linked in Mirror

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
£10m would be an absolutely farcicial price.

Never mind the money for Adebayor, Toure, De Jong, RSC or whoever else. Compared to the £10m for Delph they are the bargains of the century.

So much for the "we refuse to be ripped off" line. This price is being absolutely fleeced, if true.

Out of all the signings that would be the most ridiculous overspend by far.

The kid has not even played in the Championship.

If you are someone that subscribes to the "stupid money damages the game/competition" then this transfer, at that price, would be right up your street.

I don't subscribe to that but even as a City fan I am slightly uneasy at that sort of price for a kid that has proved absolutely nothing in his career.

It's a complete joke of a price.

I have to agree, but having a good look around, there are very few managers who have the ability to spot talent from the outset and get it at what is preceived to be the correct level.

Wenger has obviously done this throughout his time at Arsenal.

But on the flip side of his credentials. £10m plus for Walcott, who had shown glimpses of promise at Southampton, and a then record fee for a teenager for Jermain Pennant from Notts County.

What I suppose I'm trying to say, is the footballing transfer climate is already a farce, City's personal involvement just highlights it more than other clubs.

The concern for me is how blase most people who are in the game or talk about it are so oblivious to the talk of sums of £10m -£100m - as if they should now be considered commonplace.

The only argument City can offer is that £10m for Delph may well save them £15m in five years time and our wealth allows it to be a punt at best.

De Niro,
I do hope that you haven't patented the 'Comical Ali' line. I can see myself trotting that one out a few times- and to a lot more than just the odd Leeds fan - before the season kicks off!

SSN just said that leeds have turned down 2 bids from prem clubs for Delph.

vans0531 said:
Hey Tolmie !

Delph deal is DONE ....?

In the respect that City and Leeds have an agreement. The player has also said happy in terms of finances, wanting answers to questions.

I'm not going to fall into the SpursMad trap, of trying to deliver on answers I don't have. Deals are deals. Kaka was done, Terry was done.

People have the choice to allow things to run at own pace, or try and trip others.

All those people who abused me yesterday, only a couple had the decency to apologise.

All citing the MEN and family and friends members close to Delph.

samharris said:
SSN just said that leeds have turned down 2 bids from prem clubs for Delph.

This is old news, they're behind as usual. The rumour on Leeds forum is that those bids were below £6m (one person claims it's from Tottenham and Scums, probably lie), could be £4m. The aim seems always to have been to wait for a £6m bid, and now suddenly we're bidding £10m? Doesn't seem realistic at all.

More realisticly, it could be £5m today, £1m when he makes his national team debut, £1m after 50 PL games etc etc.

He may look great playing for Leeds against Northampton but would buying this lad have a detrimental effect on our own young players. Andrew Tutte for example?

Re: City Trying To Sign Fabian Delph

DontLookBackInAnger said:
de niro said:
your mate needs help, he has delusionalitus.
It's nice to see a spell in the lower leagues doesn't seem to have helped our friends from Yorkshire, when it comes to their delusion.

his mate has to do what the his club has to do and that is stop sulking, stop living on what might have been and grab that division by the scruff of the neck, hard graft is the only thing(other than a buy out) that can get them back up the leagues.
saying that we did'nt we were shit and got lucky.
thanks again mr dickov.

I'm not sure I agree with the people going on about the transfer fee.

The way I look at it is like this: if he is regarded as the best young English prospect in the country then he is going to cost a decent amount of money any way you look at it, and whatever division he plays in.

Nobody bats an eyelid when Barcelona pick up Keirrison for 16M. Or Milan 22M on Pato, who had barely played in the Brazilian league. And if Arsenal were to sell Walcott now they would quadruple the money they initially spent on him.

Is 10M on a kid a risk? Of course. But it's not like great players can only come through the ranks of teams in the Premier League. You have to trust your judgement which is going to be tested more because the player is fighting it out with the third tier of footballers in the country. But if your judgement is correct and you have landed the brightest prospect in the country for £10M, then I fail to see it as anything other than good business.

So ultimately time will prove Hughes and his scouting team right or wrong. Unless you have seen the boy play on numerous occasions and be confident enough to judge his potential, you aren't really in a position to make the call about whether it's crazy money or not. At least 2 other clubs had deals worth £6M turned down. Now in this capitalist world it is not beyond the realms of sanity to suggest that it will take £10M to land him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.