Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would prefer Whilshire over Delph from a quality point of view but at least Delph is likely to be when called on.

No that's a fair point,however it's more than a few hundred quid to bring the price down that much believe me
On a normal market sure but a transfer market can even be altered by a newspaper report. Try getting a couple of hundred quid on a transfer market bet with a price of say 6/4 , I guarantee you will be knocked back.

I've rated Delph for some time. Question marks over whether he has the ability to play at the very top level, but he's progressed well this year and not only has he established himself as a full international he has played very well in the games I've seen him.

He had a raw potential at Leeds and a mid table prem team were always going to the risk before the establishment did, what he had to do in that time is prove himself and he is doing that now. Only a matter of time before a bigger club comes calling and I wouldn't mind in the slightest if that club was us. We could do much worse.

I've rated Delph for some time. Question marks over whether he has the ability to play at the very top level, but he's progressed well this year and not only has he established himself as a full international he has played very well in the games I've seen him.

He had a raw potential at Leeds and a mid table prem team were always going to the risk before the establishment did, what he had to do in that time is prove himself and he is doing that now. Only a matter of time before a bigger club comes calling and I wouldn't mind in the slightest if that club was us. We could do much worse.

If you watch him closely you'll see that he doesn't actually do anything... He's on the pitch and he runs around a lot. Sometimes he'll run forwards with the ball, sometimes right across the pitch but generally he contributes very little. He's very Bambi-esque on the ball, the sort of player that scares me when he's in possession as he doesn't seem to know what he's going to do and gets into tight spots.

If Delph chooses to sign for City he's an idiot. He's in the squad for England at the Euro's as we are now. He's not getting enough game time with City to stay in that squad. Generally that role in midfield can be strengthened without too much of an outlay. There are better options. I see him as a Fernandinho style player with no where near as much ability.

If you watch him closely you'll see that he doesn't actually do anything... He's on the pitch and he runs around a lot. Sometimes he'll run forwards with the ball, sometimes right across the pitch but generally he contributes very little. He's very Bambi-esque on the ball, the sort of player that scares me when he's in possession as he doesn't seem to know what he's going to do and gets into tight spots.

If Delph chooses to sign for City he's an idiot. He's in the squad for England at the Euro's as we are now. He's not getting enough game time with City to stay in that squad. Generally that role in midfield can be strengthened without too much of an outlay. There are better options. I see him as a Fernandinho style player with no where near as much ability.

That's fair enough. I see a different player. I thought him and Wilshire were excellent against Slovenia. I don't see him as a starter, he is a squad player in the same sense as Milner was. There are better first choice options but as a HG squad player we could do much worse, in my opinion.

That's fair enough. I see a different player. I thought him and Wilshire were excellent against Slovenia. I don't see him as a starter, he is a squad player in the same sense as Milner was. There are better first choice options but as a HG squad player we could do much worse, in my opinion.

A HG squad player that will likely cost City 25m+

Slovenia aren't an opposition to measure a player on. I'd expect England to perform well against them. In the FA Cup final Delph was on the ball a lot and got into good positions, Villa didn't make the most of those positions and Delph was as guilty as anyone for running out of ideas when he got into the final third. We've got to look beyond this "solid squad player" idea and also looking at the home grown quota as something we've got to fill anyway we can. Rightly the club have been linked to Sterling and Wilshere who are two promising young English players and worth the investment. I'd sooner see us use our academy players to fill any quota, than waste money on bang average English players from elsewhere that will cost a premium. That way we are promoting from within the club and can either a) uncover a real talent or b) increase the value of an academy player and recoup money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.