Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
HG is a massive advantage as basically any foreign signing is 1 in 1 out.

Of the regular starters or semi regular starters I’d suggest Fernando is amongst our weakest players and Yaya one of the most likely to leave. By all means go all out for Pogba but lining up Delph is understandable in the context of the make up of our squad, he would be 4th choice central midfield as we stand and competition for Fernando. If we sign Pogba then Fernando and Delph would have to battle for that spot (and one possible leave next summer) but it would involve a decent chance of game time. If Yaya goes next summer then they could become 2 of 4 centre midfield players so there would be a role for Delph with us as a squad player over the next couple of years.

It tends to be that so many want 'star' signings, which is understandable. If we did get Delph I think he'd slot in and carry out a role for us, especially as we've lost Jimmy. He has a great engine and was instrumental in Villa's resurgence last season. Obviously he's a HG player, which could play a major part. I certainly don't think it would be another Scott Sinclair situation.

It tends to be that so many want 'star' signings, which is understandable. If we did get Delph I think he'd slot in and carry out a role for us, especially as we've lost Jimmy. He has a great engine and was instrumental in Villa's resurgence last season. Obviously he's a HG player, which could play a major part. I certainly don't think it would be another Scott Sinclair situation.

Fuck me is this what we have become, even home grown becoming HG. In a post with the words, resurgence and instrumental in it the need was felt to shorten home grown, fuck my life

Milner was great for us because he could come of the bench slot in and do a great job even if he hadn't played for ages. how would Delph react to the same job

If Delph is being pursued in addition to Pogba, then it is good business (for reasons already discussed in this thread).

If he is pursued as an alternative to Pogba, then questions would need to be asked of our transfer management, scouting, and real aspirations.

I have a strong feeling it is the former scenario, in which case I fully support the move as I think he is a good player at the very least worthy of Fernando's place in the squad.

I
Milner was great for us because he could come of the bench slot in and do a great job even if he hadn't played for ages. how would Delph react to the same job

If Delph does join us (and I think he would be a decent signing) and he gets as much game time next season as Jimmy got last season then he will have done very well.
Delph would understand the position of game time before he signs. Can't see it being a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.