Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't excite me, but in a younger more dynamic midfield alongside the likes of De Bruyne and Sterling he'd fit in well.

I have always liked Delph but accept that he used to be a bit rash in the tackle etc. The article below is from last September before he went on to have probably his best season to date. Bearing in mind the HG status, the price Bournemouth have just paid for a left back from Ipswich (£8M), and that his work rate would go some way to making up for the loss of Milner I think we should snap their hands off at £10m for an international footballer coming up to his peak years.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....rtured-and-championed-by-mcallister-1-6830667

Sometimes you need a player like a water carrier,someone who will do the dirty jobs that most players do not get the recognition for.Have to agree with you that should he sign, a fucking bigger cake than Yaya got,will be eaten by those "humble pie eaters".

Exactly, that's essentially what Milner was, Delph would be a fantastic backup player, he's shown a lot more than Fernando has, albeit I feel Fernando should be given more time before you can evaluate fairly but in terms of HG and needing a competent backup player, Delph over Fernando all day long.

Exactly! The simplest way to save 1 homegrown spot right there
But quality backup keepers are pretty hard to come by. Rob Green might be an option, but typically any home grown keeper good enough to fill in for Joe would want to be playing regularly to try and win the England shirt. And any talented youngster would usually want to be loaned out to get experience, more so than with any other position.

Delph for 10 million would be a decent piece of business. He isn't top drawer but I'm confident he would bring more to the squad than Rodwell and Sinclair ever did.
He could actually turn out to be a surprise package actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.