Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
He Can't. I think he just has unrealistic expectations
Okay I will bite. No way would Delph make barca, real or bayern squad in my opinion. Plus my point is that our first 11 needs improving from last year so that some starters last year fill the squad places. We shouldn't look to fill the bench as a priority. Before you lot heard he had a 10million buyout clause I doubt you'd have even considered the guy. We shouldn't be looking at bargain basement buys again just my opinion.

Okay I will bite. No way would Delph make barca, real or bayern squad in my opinion. Plus my point is that our first 11 needs improving from last year so that some starters last year fill the squad places. We shouldn't look to fill the bench as a priority. Before you lot heard he had a 10million buyout clause I doubt you'd have even considered the guy. We shouldn't be looking at bargain basement buys again just my opinion.
He's as much as a bargain basement buy as Lampard was. He's cheap because of his contract situation, not because he's shit. He'd easily be a £20m player if he didn't have that release clause in his contract.

Anyone think Kean Bryan could do a similar job?

Obviously less experienced and rough but he's a solid, battling midfielder too, and he's more than capable of keeping things simple.

I'd like to see us fast track him.
I think people have a habit of overrating our youngsters. This kid isn't even in the England U21s yet, and you have him doing the same job as a regular starter for England and Villa's best player. Let's just say this: if we put Bryan up for a loan, how much interest do you think we'd get from Premier League clubs? I'm all for giving our youngsters a chance, but we can't just go into the season assuming they can do the job when they're completely untested at this level.

He's as much as a bargain basement buy as Lampard was. He's cheap because of his contract situation, not because he's shit. He'd easily be a £20m player if he didn't have that release clause in his contract.
Would he though? Why would he be 20mil based on what exactly? His signing would be nothing like lampards which was always short term.

we need home grown players, we are trying to buy the best home grown, sadly that means we have to go for players who in normal circumstances wouldn't get in our first team, WHATS SO FUCKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND,plus he can do a very good job for us in certain games allowing our other players to take some time out and rest up for the big games.

Would he though? Why would he be 20mil based on what exactly? His signing would be nothing like lampards which was always short term.
Just based on the price of English players generally. I think someone of Delph's level would go for around that price. That's what Liverpool paid for Jordan Henderson, before he was any good.

It is not necessarily what he is , but what we can make him.

We shouldn't and can't fork out £40m plus for every player. Sometimes you have to take a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.