Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not necessarily what he is , but what we can make him.

We shouldn't and can't fork out £40m plus for every player. Sometimes you have to take a chance.
Totally agree but wouldn't clyne be a better option then? Cheaper, homegrown and we actually need fullback options?

Okay I will bite. No way would Delph make barca, real or bayern squad in my opinion. Plus my point is that our first 11 needs improving from last year so that some starters last year fill the squad places. We shouldn't look to fill the bench as a priority. Before you lot heard he had a 10million buyout clause I doubt you'd have even considered the guy. We shouldn't be looking at bargain basement buys again just my opinion.
It's a no risk signing though, if he doesn't work out and is only peripheral then we can sell him in a couple of years for around the same fee, which will actually be an accounting profit of a few million.

If he does work out we've got a homegrown squad player for hardly any outlay in relative terms, we could sell fernando and again make a bit of profit
No brainer at £10m

We will still be going for pogba and that level of player whether we sign him or not

I remember when Delph first came on the scene as a youngster, he was viewed as a flair player, who had obvious natural talent. As he has matured, his game ha ps changed somewhat and he is now more of a tenacious central midfielder. I reckon there is a chance he could flourish at City. He has previously been linked with moving to Liverpool, where he probably would have started, so he should be good enough for our squad and see how he develops. Whether he wants to come here and it on the bench is another story though.

For you maybe,but our Transfer Management Team don`t agree with you by all accounts.
Sorry thought this forum was about debate and expressing opinions didn't realise we could only agree with everything done by the club or its staff.

Totally agree but wouldn't clyne be a better option then? Cheaper, homegrown and we actually need fullback options?
I definitely would have gone for Clyne at that price. But then maybe he would have been less willing to come and compete with Zaba. Perhaps Sagna has no desire to leave for a (probable) pay cut when he's got a 3 year deal. Or maybe our EDS prospects in that position are pretty good and the management team think someone will be ready to take over from Zaba and Sagna when they're ready to retire.

I definitely would have gone for Clyne at that price. But then maybe he would have been less willing to come and compete with Zaba. Perhaps Sagna has no desire to leave for a (probable) pay cut when he's got a 3 year deal. Or maybe our EDS prospects in that position are pretty good and the management team think someone will be ready to take over from Zaba and Sagna when they're ready to retire.
If Maffeo continues with his rate of improvement then buying Clyne would have been a waste

This could be a smart PLAN B to getting sterling for all we know. An HG keeper to replace Willy Cabellero OR sign Fabian Delph, and then go all in for someone like Isco.

I believe there is another dimension to this. I doubt we will get Debruyn this year therefore we buy Delph and Pogba then push Yaya to play behind a lone striker. Our midfield four becomes fernandinho, delph, fernando and Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.