Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you misunderstood me, mate. I meant what it two or three clubs are willing to trigger the release clause and prepared to go higher if necessary?
Surely once they'd met the release clause, any bidding war would be in the wages offered, not the transfer fee? After all, he's allowed to talk to any club that meets the release clause, presumably.

I think we'll be going for real quality if we buy any foreigners. But I can still see us buying squad players if they're home grown, especially if they're available in a cut price deal like this one.
It's unfair imo to refer to Delph as simply a squad player. He's not David Silva or Yaya with the ball, but he's miles better than either of them at getting it back.

On his day, he has produced performances last season, as good in his area, as Silva or yaya have done in theirs. At times he has been exceptional. Milner can't lace the boots of half our team as a footballer, but he was a big part of our team in some big games.

It's unfair imo to refer to Delph as simply a squad player. He's not David Silva or Yaya with the ball, but he's miles better than either of them at getting it back.

On his day, he has produced performances last season, as good in his area, as Silva or yaya have done in theirs. At times he has been exceptional. Milner can't lace the boots of half our team as a footballer, but he was a big part of our team in some big games.
A current England international, a lad who'll work his socks off for the cause, who'll fill a much needed hg spot, for £10 million? An absolute no brainer. Some of this lot could find the negatives in a blowjob.

I think we'll be going for real quality if we buy any foreigners. But I can still see us buying squad players if they're home grown, especially if they're available in a cut price deal like this one.

Wilshere is in the mix apparently but that will cost a lot of money but that is something that is also on the table in this window. At first I actually thought Grealish will be the player to go for in the Villa squad as he is really young with lots of potential so that is the player I would really consider actually- for the future, meets the homegrown rule as well.

As far as I am concerned Delph is more or less Delph, a good player but I still believe we can do better whether it is for a squad player role or not. Also for his sake, I think he should just play football and have a good career. The odds are staked against him if he comes to us because he will be competing against not only world class talent but also he will be in a team that is always seeking to improve with fierce competition and I don't think he is the caliber of player for that.

But given the premium price of English players nowadays I understand that the Delph fee and situation is very appealing but I don't really think it is the right move for all concerned.

A current England international, a lad who'll work his socks off for the cause, who'll fill a much needed hg spot, for £10 million? An absolute no brainer. Some of this lot could find the negatives in a blowjob.
There obvious negatives dependent on who is blowing mate.

Wilshere is in the mix apparently but that will cost a lot of money but that is something that is also on the table in this window. At first I actually thought Grealish will be the player to go for in the Villa squad as he is really young with lots of potential so that is the player I would really consider actually- for the future, meets the homegrown rule as well.

As far as I am concerned Delph is more or less Delph, a good player but I still believe we can do better whether it is for a squad player role or not. Also for his sake, I think he should just play football and have a good career. The odds are staked against him if he comes to us because he will be competing against not only world class talent but also he will be in a team that is always seeking to improve with fierce competition and I don't think he is the caliber of player for that.

But given the premium price of English players nowadays I understand that the Delph fee and situation is very appealing but I don't really think it is the right move for all concerned.

Sinclair all over again........how often did he get used even though home grown? Better off throwing in one of our academy products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.