Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see him as our next Fernandinho, or at least that would be the hope.... Plays similar style and with Fernandinho being what 30 years old he's not going to be around for much longer. I think it would make sense for both parties if Delph has the right mindset (that being that he knows it would be hard to get playing time and is willing to fight for it in a better team capable of winning every trophy we compete in versus starting in a lower level Bpl side).

I see him as our next Fernandinho, or at least that would be the hope.... Plays similar style and with Fernandinho being what 30 years old he's not going to be around for much longer. I think it would make sense for both parties if Delph has the right mindset (that being that he knows it would be hard to get playing time and is willing to fight for it in a better team capable of winning every trophy we compete in versus starting in a lower level Bpl side).

Decent shout imo..

The one thing we cry out for when Fernandinho doesn`t play is someone of a similar ilk.We all thought a younger version of him in Fernando would do the trick,but so far he`s been woeful,but who knows maybe given time he can become that player.However for £10M its hardly going to put us in dire straits with our finances.

from the telegraph

Manchester City also remain strongly interested in the Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph, who would appear to be an alternative target to Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere. The England international has a release clause in the new contract he signed with Villa in January but it is understood that claims that it is as low as £10 million are wide of the mark. The figure is believed to be significantly higher

I wouldn't mind him TBH. Everyone wants top notch midfielders, but at the same time if we were to put out a side like Aguero, Silva, Stering and KDB for our attacking threats with Yaya behind them we'd have the same problems defensively. You could put out Delph on the left to help curb the oppositions right wingers and help out our LB. Like Milner he has good work ethic and can run all day. Not to mention he has more pace than Milner. He may not start every match, but gives us an option when we need to be more balanced.

Telegraph is saying that the reported 10mil release clause in his contract is not true....He would be an upgrade over Fernando but don't believe we would even be talking about him if he wasn't HG.....

City Watch‏@City_Watch4m4 minutes ago
Telegraph: City are still weighing up when to make a third bid for Sterling and talk of a £10m release clause for Delph is wide of the mark.

Telegraph is saying that the reported 10mil release clause in his contract is not true....He would be an upgrade over Fernando but don't believe we would even be talking about him if he wasn't HG.....

City Watch‏@City_Watch4m4 minutes ago
Telegraph: City are still weighing up when to make a third bid for Sterling and talk of a £10m release clause for Delph is wide of the mark.

I do worry about us when going for HG talents because Delph would be a complete desperation buy to just to fill a quota.

I knew that 10m buyout would be nonsense, Villa are not that stupid, I reckon you can double that fee and add a few more million.

So its more than £10 million..

giphy.gif

I do worry about us when going for HG talents because Delph would be a complete desperation buy to just to fill a quota.

I knew that 10m buyout would be nonsense, Villa are not that stupid, I reckon you can double that fee and add a few more million.
I would much rather invest in quality like Sterling, Wilshere even Schneiderlin; just quality HG talent instead of throwing £5/10m around on bang average players every window who will be more decorative than practical. He may not be £10m but Delph still lands in the bang average category to be clear.

But why discuss other players who do not play in this position.Why discuss the merits of a right back,when Delph is a left sided midfielder ... unless of course you`re not aware of that.
Who would you rather sign,Rob Green as a goalie or Neymar as a goalscorer ?
Was addressing the issue of the need for hg players. This thread wasn't started as a we need Delph or we need a cm was it? I'm not even sure what the last bit of your post is about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.