Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been head and shoulders Villa's best player for yonks know, and he's been one of England's best performers in the last few games he's played in. I wonder whether some of you actually watch these players play before you pass judgement on them.

Nah, mate. What would be the point of that?

Sinclair all over again........how often did he get used even though home grown? Better off throwing in one of our academy products.

I think Delph is much better player that Sinclair with all due respect to Sinclair. But yeah, there is a real chance of that happening. I agree that it will be an opportunity to get in one of the EDS but there are no real stand out players in that midfield position at the moment unless I am missing someone. All the players pushing for a place in the first team seems to be in fullback and attacking midfield/striker position.

Really don't see the point. Doesnt have the potential to be a regular first teamer, and coming in to sit on a bench is the last thing he needs for his career.

I know this isn't a barometer for judging potential aquisitions but he's better than Fernando so he improves our squad at the very least.

I know this isn't a barometer for judging potential aquisitions but he's better than Fernando so he improves our squad at the very least.
That's the way I see it. If you can have Fernando, but slightly younger and English for £10m, why wouldn't you?

Obviously you might answer "because Fernando's not good enough either" in which case, fair enough.

Really don't see the point. Doesnt have the potential to be a regular first teamer, and coming in to sit on a bench is the last thing he needs for his career.

The only stats sites I've seen (not that I'm a big follower of such things)he is very comparable with Fernandinho in most aspects & his overall rating is pretty much on par with our players on the whole.

I'm not a big fan of stats on the whole as I say, but that's how it appears to me when I've seen him. I wouldn't say our players over the course of the season, have been better than Delph, apart from a couple. I don't really understand the notion that he's so much worse.

I think Delph is much better player that Sinclair with all due respect to Sinclair. But yeah, there is a real chance of that happening. I agree that it will be an opportunity to get in one of the EDS but there are no real stand out players in that midfield position at the moment unless I am missing someone. All the players pushing for a place in the first team seems to be in fullback and attacking midfield/striker position.
This is a valid point, the centre mids we are bringing through are nowhere near the standard yet, seko is not consistent and is missing a 1st touch, kean Bryan is very close a bit of a de Jong and a true junior blue but I think he needs a season on loan to get used to playing against dirty hairy arsed men (some even poke you up the bum eg. Jarra) we are weak in the 1st team and eds for a mobile destructive player who can pass. Hopefully their is a younger option to Delph but at £10m can't grumble.

English, decent and is consistently on the pitch and not in the physio's office.

10m, probably gets you a better player from another nationality but we dont have much choice, we need HG players.

Not against his signing at all, 10m is hardly going to be the difference between us signing Pogba or not for example.

Given most people seem to be arguing that Delphs main selling point is he is hg and cheap, then yeah clyne is a better option on that logic.
But why discuss other players who do not play in this position.Why discuss the merits of a right back,when Delph is a left sided midfielder ... unless of course you`re not aware of that.
Who would you rather sign,Rob Green as a goalie or Neymar as a goalscorer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.