Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't nor ever will be nearly as good. Replacement for Fernando maybe, but even he has played at CL level for many seasons.

Delph plays for Villa at 25, a team that escaped relegation by 3 points. As with any transfer for a clearly sub par player, the more it looks like it's actually happening the more desperate posts start to look, and the more that player can 'do a job'. This eventually turns into them becoming 'potentially world class', usually right after signing, descending into 'Shit, sell him to Sunderland', as soon as he's actually played a game. It's like the scouse boom bust cycle but with players instead of the league.

It's an 8 million quid punt in the event everyone else is injured. Lets not kid ourselves that it's anything but.
Delph played for a team that avoided relegation but he is only 1 man, Hasseilbank (sp) scored 20 odd goals for atletico Madrid the season they were relegated the greatest player in a shit team will still be a shit team. You can never say he won't be as good as Fernandinho as Delph has the skill set he just needs the players around him. Then again he could be shit but we and other teams have bought apparent stars before and its not worked.

I'm sorry are you really saying Delph is as good as Fernandinho?!

OK maybe I'm stretching it a bit but as other posters have said he is better than most are making out on here.
Now if he was our only stellar summer signing I would be pissed at our lack of ambition. But as a solid back up player that lifts our British quota I think it's a very good bit of business.

OK maybe I'm stretching it a bit but as other posters have said he is better than most are making out on here.
Now if he was our only stellar summer signing I would be pissed at our lack of ambition. But as a solid back up player that lifts our British quota I think it's a very good bit of business.
Exactly how I see it (minus the earlier Fernandinho comments, ha).

A buy out clause for 8m, current international, English we can't lose at those prices even if he is a load of old tosh(which I don't think he is)

Good signing, don't care how he fits in the team that is why we pay Pellegrini his salary to ensure we get the best out of him.

Of course others may disagree. :-)

Also strange that he contributed in helping us win the double with 5 PL games,3 League Cup,1 FA Cup and 1 UEFA irrespective of how many times he played as sub.
If you`re gonna talk bollocks at least get your facts straight.

indispensable contribution. I mean, I really walked away from Wembley and the West Ham game thinking, "oh God, if we hadn't had Rodwell, we'd have been fucked".

If he's happy being a squad player and we can get him for 10 million it's a no brained for me. I think he's better than a lot on here are making out and he will have something to offer us. Also showed signs of really coming of age this year. Check the villa forums - they don't want to lose him (I also realised he's their captain which I hadn't now before)

He's slight build.might be a problem for me though. If we want him to fill in for someone in midfield and we've got the likes of sterling and silva in there then we might start to look a bit lightweight. That said if he'd be filling in for Fernandinho then Fernandinho is also pretty slight.

I suppose there's the thought that delph might block a youth players route to the team but if they aren't ready then we can probably bring delph in for a season or two until they are and then sell him on for a similar fee as to what we bought him if he doesn't cut it here

He was injured not COCKED UP you idiot.

erm...he did cock up, giving goals away on more than one occasion.

You clearly didn't watch any of what he did whilst he was on the pitch.

Gone from strength to strength though, so indispensable that he's on the bench as much as he starts at a team that was almost relegated by the end of last season, doing so well that they managed to get nearly all the points they needed to stay up without him in the side.

Started 5 out of their last 10 games (Chelsea A[When safe] L 3-1, Crystal Palace H L 4-1, West Ham A L 1-0, Aston Villa H L 0-4, Stoke A D 1-1) before you start with more nonsense)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.