Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Oakie's just arguing for arguing's sake, pal. I was one of those who kept thinking Rodwell would turn the corner once fit and reward us all for our patience. His subsequent failure with us, and his inability to command a place in a very modest Sunderland side, provide pretty compelling evidence that his early potential was illusory.
Yep after the Norwich game I was convinced he was yayas replacement. To be fair he was bloody good that day.

such a good post. Still waiting for this valuable piece of evidence that proves Rodwell made such a valuable contribution btw.
Well he played in three of the 5 games that got us to Wembley and win the League Cup.
I think Oakie's just arguing for arguing's sake, pal. I was one of those who kept thinking Rodwell would turn the corner once fit and reward us all for our patience. His subsequent failure with us, and his inability to command a place in a very modest Sunderland side, provide pretty compelling evidence that his early potential was illusory.
That isn`t the problem mate.I am talking to a bloke who claims that Rodwell never made any contribution to the team and JMW coming up with some bollocks that Rodwell was the reason we went backwards in our aim to win trophies.His shit doesn`t stack up,seeing that Rodwell was part of a squad which helped us win a double trophy only 2 years ago.
Perhaps it must have more than coincidence that we won fuck all without him,last season.

Last edited:
Villa's best player by the length of the street. An upgrade on Fernando in my opinion.
I have to agree,he's more tenacious and more athletic,seems to have a few more strings to his bow as well......I think he's the perfect Milner replacement,a very adaptable and dependable player,a move here,while it would be a big test for him...... may even elevate his performances.

It may be because he's noticed that Liverpool & Utd players get preferential treatment at international level, & he wants to make an impact with England at the end of his career.
He may not even get that if Liverpool stick him out wide again.he's got can,Allen,Lucas,Henderson,firmino and maybe the lad from real Madrid to go against

While Rodwell was no linchpin he most certainly did not derail our trophy bids.

I don't see how a player who is viewed as being constantly on the periphery of the team can hold such responsibilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.