Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Delph at £8m is an absolute no-brainer.

It would be madness to pass him up at that price.

Well he played in three of the 5 games that got us to Wembley and win the League Cup.

That isn`t the problem mate.I am talking to a bloke who claims that Rodwell never made any contribution to the team and JMW coming up with some bollocks that Rodwell was the reason we went backwards in our aim to win trophies.His shit doesn`t stack up,seeing that Rodwell was part of a squad which helped us win a double trophy only 2 years ago.
Perhaps it must have more than coincidence that we won fuck all without him,last season.

Part of the squad, in the same way Richard Wright was, watching better players play better football and win trophies.

He made his fleeting appearances in the Carling Cup granted, but made no real notable contribution in those games and was so good he didn't make the squad for the final.

Unlike 2013 where he did make the squad, came on the pitch, gave the ball away that directly lead to Southampton scoring in his first game, then followed it up against QPR by nearly lobbing Joe Hart with a backpass from the half way line, then we had to wait till February for his next start, where he continually ran around giving away silly free kicks against Chelsea, and then he was at fault for the goal that cost us the 2013 FA Cup Final (yeah, the trophy bit).

So that in a nutshell, sums up Rodwell's contribution.

I hope Delph does a damn site better.

Part of the squad, in the same way Richard Wright was, watching better players play better football and win trophies.

He made his fleeting appearances in the Carling Cup granted, but made no real notable contribution in those games and was so good he didn't make the squad for the final.

Unlike 2013 where he did make the squad, came on the pitch, gave the ball away that directly lead to Southampton scoring in his first game, then followed it up against QPR by nearly lobbing Joe Hart with a backpass from the half way line, then we had to wait till February for his next start, where he continually ran around giving away silly free kicks against Chelsea, and then he was at fault for the goal that cost us the 2013 FA Cup Final (yeah, the trophy bit).

So that in a nutshell, sums up Rodwell's contribution.

I hope Delph does a damn site better.
How many times has Toure cost us goals.The number of times in a central midfield position,he thinks by shielding the ball,his weight and height will overcome any attempt by an opposing player to rob him ? Toure is one of the worst for losing a ball in a position that puts pressure on our defence.
For £10M its a no brainer and am I expecting him to start every game ? No. But I expect him to put in plenty of performances where we`ll know hes been on the pitch,due to his motor like work ethic and the boy can find a man with his passing.
If he does sign I have a feeling you may be back on here holding your hand up ... just like all those people who lambasted MP for signing a certain Spanish player who was also regarded as "average" ... The Beast.

Oakie, are you really sugggesting we were trophyless last season because we sold Rodwell.

The guy contributed fuck all and was a perma crock, he was also unfortunate in the respect most of his mistakes resulted in us conceding a goal. Completely out his depth at top level, ive followed Sunderland ready to go forum about Rodwell and Johnson and they think we sold them duds, for a club with few rays of light I find that damning. We did well to get a decent fee for Rodwell.

Last edited:
How many times has Toure cost us goals.The number of times in a central midfield position,he thinks by shielding the ball,his weight and height will overcome any attempt by an opposing player to rob him ? Toure is one of the worst for losing a ball in a position that puts pressure on our defence.
For £10M its a no brainer and am I expecting him to start every game ? No. But I expect him to put in plenty of performances where we`ll know hes been on the pitch,due to his motor like work ethic and the boy can find a man with his passing.
If he does sign I have a feeling you may be back on here holding your hand up ... just like all those people who lambasted MP for signing a certain Spanish player who was also regarded as "average" ... The Beast.

Negredo did well but following his injury hes been what many expected him to be, a bang average player, named in Marca fail team of the year iirc. I recall you saying folk were spoilt for not wanting Sinclair and he was horseshit.

Dont be so combative making these points. Delph is the best of a bad bunch imo, ideal squad player but hes better off elsewhere playing first team.

Toure has offered a million times more to compensate for any mistakes he does make, including getting us the goals to win us our first trophy in decades.

It isn't a no-brainer, but I'll happily give him his dues if he proves me wrong, and your comparison to the Beast isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, after all despite a great 6 months, the past 18 he has been distinctly average. We got him to peak and help us along the way though, to be fair.

Having a motor and being able to pass it sideways which is all Villa ever did till 2 months ago isn't City calibre, and not once did he take the initiative in that time and start dragging that team up and leading it on with regular, consistent brilliant performances. At least Milner came off the back of a genuinely really good season.

My honest interpretation of Delph is that he was happy to plod along in a Villa team, not shining, and then when they stepped it up he played decently, but was outshone at the end of the season by other players who really came on song and took the initiative. That's what I saw, others see it differently, but I genuinely don't think he's good enough, and to be fair, he hasn't shown it, so if he does shine here, it'll be remarkable transformation. No-one can be blamed now, or have it held against them, based on his career, that they don't think he's up to it. Him in a midfield v Barca would be scarier than Fernando, at least the latter has CL experience and played well enough elsewhere to earn that experience, Delph's had years at Villa and failed to earn a move to a bigger club in all that time, speaks volumes. He's not 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.