Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be madness to sign him at any price. Not good enough full stop imo.

In a 4-4-2 our preferred midfield is Fernandinho and Yaya. Our secondary is Fernando and nobody.

He's better than nobody at all and is easily the level of Fernando

Oakie, are you really sugggesting we were trophyless last season because we sold Rodwell.

The guy contributed fuck all and was a perma crock, he was also unfortunate in the respect most of his mistakes resulted in us conceding a goal. Completely out his depth at top level, ive followed Sunderland ready to go forum about Rodwell and Johnson and they think we sold them duds, for a club with few rays of light I find that damning. We did well to get a decent fee for Rodwell.
Wwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.Talk about the gullible !!

In a 4-4-2 our preferred midfield is Fernandinho and Yaya. Our secondary is Fernando and nobody.

Agreed, and what happens if one of those three gets injured for any substantial amount of time?

I don't think he is at Fernando's level and I think that'll be quickly apparent if he does sign. How about we sign someone who can push the first two for a starting place? Because if Delph is our backup option Yaya might be right about still playing for City when he turns 40, he'll still be better than Delph.

I don't think he is at Fernando's level and I think that'll be quickly apparent if he does sign. How about we sign someone who can push the first two for a starting place? Because if Delph is our backup option Yaya might be right about still playing for City when he turns 40, he'll still be better than Delph.

Just because we're filling out the squad doesn't mean that can't. Realistically we need two centre midfielders and we haven't got the budget to just go and spend £60m on both of them. So we go for the very best in one position and then a cheaper squad player in another position and come up with the same result.

Delph is good enough to start for about 15 of the clubs in the Premier League which means he's good enough to start against them. Nobody is saying he should be the first name on the teamsheet, but you need a well rounded and expanded squad.

We needed a midfielder anyway and that was before we lost Milner and Lampard.

We don't have an unlimited budget and for that price there is no better player in the world that you can buy than Delph. Would you prefer us to spend more on this and then potentially lose out on the very highest class of players for our first choice? You have to be realistic about the squad for next season. Delph doesn't have to be here for 10 years, he can be a stop gap measure who might come good and then can be replaced when the time comes up in the future.

And astute signing if we're in for him.

Not at Fernando's level? What have you been watching?

£10 million release clause? Really?

I think he'd be a good squad player, especially for that price. We need extra numbers in CM anyway, just Pogba isn't enough.

Delph or Song will come in too IMO.

Sterling would be on the U21 list for this season would he not?

Edit: not that we need to announce a full 25 man squad anyway.

Not for the Champions league, he'd have to take up an A list spot, he won't have been here the required two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.