Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if we're playing a 3 instead of a two in the middle then Silva/Nasri and De Bruyne if he signs become candidates for the most advanced positions. We're not going to play 3 holding midfielders without losing our entire backroom and executive structure.

We could play 1 behind the 2 central whereas the Silvas and Nasris are out wide in a 3 up top

Even so, it's £8m for a Premier League quality homegrown player who is good enough to play against 15 clubs in the league. He's going to be costing us almost nothing in fee nor wages and fills a spot with a good level of quality.

He's the spongecake base that allows us to go and get the cherry.

Well Delph certainly seems to be splitting opinions.

I think people need to keep the faith that Delph isn't going to be classed as our "marquee" signing or our only signing of this window, he happens to be someone who ticks alot of boxes for our current situation.

I see numerous posts comparing him to Rodwell and Sinclair and then at the other end of the spectrum I see him being compared to Milner.
In my opinion, he isn't comaprible to any of them. He is better than Rodwell and Sinclair, by some distance. He is holding down an England place in a position in which England aren't exactly sparce in. But, I also dont think he is as good as Milner. Milner in many ways was our go too man, a fire fighter if you like. He could and would literally play anywhere and usually put in a decent performance as well. Delph doens't have his versatility, but it coud be argued he is better than Milner as an actual Central midfielder. I could see Delph getting 20-25 starts in a 60ish game season along with numerous sub appearences. Whether he'd be satisfied with that is another matter.

It might just be me, but seeing these rumours grow regarding Delph, makes me confident we'll be getting Pogba.
I honeslty think we could see Pogba and Delph arrive. I think Delph is seen as a much more affordable option than Wilshere.

£8-£10 million for Delph would constitute a bargian in my eyes.

At 8m it's a yes from me he can be used in a rotational system mainly with fernandiniho when he's been away with brazil. If we are playing a 3 and we have
fernando, diniho, delph, yaya, pogba, silva and nasri as the options of playing in a 3 then that is very strong! Pace, strength, height, creativity, players who can dominate games we'll have it all.

We could play 1 behind the 2 central whereas the Silvas and Nasris are out wide in a 3 up top

Even so, it's £8m for a Premier League quality homegrown player who is good enough to play against 15 clubs in the league. He's going to be costing us almost nothing in fee nor wages and fills a spot with a good level of quality.

He's the spongecake base that allows us to go and get the cherry.

And he'll be 4th/5th choice for one of either one or two roles depending on how we set the midfield up, will never get any game time and we'll all be wondering in a year or two why we even bothered. He contributes absolutely nothing in an attacking sense, so it'll be holding midfielder or nothing imo.
Don't see Nasri and Silva spending an awful lot of time out wide if we sign De Bruyne and Sterling.
For the record, Sinclair was good enough to play for or against 15 premier league sides when we signed him. While I'm not going to go down the route some do on here and try to make out that Sinclair becoming a failure guarantees that Delph will be one, Sinclair had stood out more than Delph has and in a far better team. For those trying to use Milner as a comparison, Villa finished 6th and reached the LC final the year before we signed Jimmy, we only put them out of the race for fourth in the 35th game of the season and Jimmy was by far and away their best player. More Sterling than Delph I'm afraid.

Pace and strength and I forgot to mention graft! Listen I'm not saying he is a super star but he reminds me a bit of milner and he's time to improve with us like milner! So at 8m it would be rude not to!

Ah, I thought F+F already gave us that :)

One of our biggest problems last season was a complete lack of pace and energy in midfield. As good as Yaya is technically in terms of helping break down teams who park the bus, he becomes a liability against any teams who can dominate possession even if that's only for short periods within a game. Delph along with Sterling and De Bruyne gives us serious counter attacking potential, we can't dominate every minute of every game, sometimes you have to win ugly.

Diniho does nando has never been played holding in a 3! His best position but I'm sure delph is only 24 so could improve and helps with the h.g rule and are the 2 brazilians pushing 30?
Doesn't really help with the hg rule as he's not club trained. If we want three keepers in the CL squad then Delph won't be in it.

Fernando is only 27/28 and as you said, he's not been given much of a chance in his favoured role. In that holding role I don't think Delph has a hope of getting a first team spot off him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.