Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
nowhere near our level. another sinclair/ rodwell type of signing.
He'd be a better signing than both of those but yes, still not good enough and would be a fairly pointless buy. If we do get him I imagine he'd be a last day of the window panic buy because various other deals have gone tits up.

There are actually papers mentioning that if we fail to succeed in getting Pogba, we move on to Delph...
Papers talk shite. There's a possibility we might be in for him as a squad player but I doubt very much the issue was 'Will we sign Pogba or Delph?'.

More likely one of Wilshire or Delph I would imagine, and only if we are not pushed higher. Villa likely remember the Barry saga and will want a sizable chunk, and we'll move on. Can see £22-24m but not much more, we'll just move on to another target.

More likely one of Wilshire or Delph I would imagine, and only if we are not pushed higher. Villa likely remember the Barry saga and will want a sizable chunk, and we'll move on. Can see £22-24m but not much more, we'll just move on to another target.
Aren't they talking about 25m for Schneiderlin? I know they don't play in exactly the same way but if we were going to be paying that kind of money for a homegrown midfielder which one of Delph or Schneiderlin would be more likely to get in our team on a regular basis?

Aren't they talking about 25m for Schneiderlin? I know they don't play in exactly the same way but if we were going to be paying that kind of money for a homegrown midfielder which one of Delph or Schneiderlin would be more likely to get in our team on a regular basis?

Personally I prefer Schneiderlin too from what I have seen, but there is something to be said about an English club having English talent, beyond the HG factor also. Plus, if we approach Southampton for a player we know is in demand from probably Liverpool, Spurs and maybe Arsenal, then we start things in motion potentially, not least of all pushing up his fee, which may piss off Liverpool and see the Sterling demands rise to £60m.

Maybe we're also waiting to see what Arsenal do on our Wilshire bid, if they see the potential to give him to us for £30m and get in a replacement at a profit, maybe Schneiderlin, then they will go for it, and more chance of that if we are not sniffing aorund Southampton at this stage. Clearly Schneiderlin is not a City target, at least not a primary target.

could have had him for peanuts in jan their owner would not let him go then as he needed him but would have taken the money and let him go in june. a similar standard to milner and cheaper wages. but we did not then so its unlikely now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.