Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 11/10 to go to City, mate. Only 6/1 for the rags.

I always thought it was strange if we prized three from Monaco in one window, but if we don't get him then that's because he's staying put another season.

IMO Carvalho is still unlikely and has, from the beginning, only been linked because his agent is Pep's brother.
I hope you're right.

I always thought it was strange if we prized three from Monaco in one window, but if we don't get him then that's because he's staying put another season.

IMO Carvalho is still unlikely and has, from the beginning, only been linked because his agent is Pep's brother.

So we are favourites to sign him then

Fingers crossed that we either get Fabinho or he stays at Monaco. Would hate them fuckers getting him! A mobile defensive midfielder should surely be a priority though? Or will gundogan be given the task?

Anyone else worried about this? No way in hell we'll sign both him and Carvalho. My guessing is Carvalho more likely because of reports. And lack of apparent interest seems telling.

Carvalho and Fabinho aren't really similar players are they? Fabinho always strikes me as more a physical box to box midfielder than a deep lying playmaker/holder. Could be wrong on that as I don't watch that much Monaco, but from what I've seen Bagayoko did more the Carvalho role, Fabinho did more of an Essien type?
You're right. If Guardiola wants just one man to hold in midfield then Carvalho with his more expansive passing range is far more suited to the role.

Anyone else worried about this? No way in hell we'll sign both him and Carvalho. My guessing is Carvalho more likely because of reports. And lack of apparent interest seems telling.

It's not even June yet, we get these sorts of conflicting, up-and-down, reports every year.

Gerard Romero, a legit Guardiola insider, says Fabinho is coming to City only a week ago, but it's been forgotten because in the last few days we've essentially signed three starting players, two from Monaco alone.

One source saying we are in on Carvalho doesn't suddenly change anything. It's just another possibility. Maybe we want him for squad depth, maybe we'd take him at 10m but not 20m, maybe we are using him as leverage to talk Monaco down, maybe we aren't really interested at all.

Let's try and avoid the knee jerk reactions and wait for something more concrete IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.