Facial recognition at City?

And what if we don’t want to?

Some children are legally not allowed to have pictures taken of them and held on file.

Then don't use that turnstyle. It's based on the same idea used on the concourse for card only queues when buying food. If you want to get in the ground quicker by not queing and are happy for a company to have your photo on file then sign up. If not, don't sign up.

Going back to not letting water bottles in.
On another thread someone was not allowed in with water which was needed for taking tablets, (which I do also)
He was told free drinking water was available from a water fountain on the concourse.
Looked all round east stand level 3, there isn’t one there !

On another thread someone was not allowed in with water which was needed for taking tablets, (which I do also)
He was told free drinking water was available from a water fountain on the concourse.

Which is why I take a sealed bottle of water with me. And given the water pressure in the bogs of CB level 3, I doubt there will be any.

I've never had a problem with taking in bottled water, so long as it's sealed before entering the ground. The only time I had problem was when I put it in the hood of my coat for ease of carrying and forgot it was there. Once, the steward saw the sealed top, he was fine with it.

Capri-sun drink pouches are your friend. They fit inside a pocket, aren't heavy and if you're patted down just say it's a colostomy bag, they won't check. Lol!

The liar reference was in general about myself. Not for one moment did I think you were. :-)

I fully appreciate the need for security checks. Especially after the Paris Stadium and Manchester Arena bombings.

However, I feel the security checks have become overbearing.

Last season I saw people being told to take their hats and caps off. Told to open their coats and jackets.(in Winter) Etc. How on earth can everyone be told to do that? They don't.

We've all seen queues in the past that were that long that the club had to abandon the security checks because the game had started and people were beginning to kick off outside the stadium. People just rushed into the stadium.

From a personal point of view I'd accept facial recognition, if it is only going to be used to make getting into the ground easier. If it's used for anything else(GMP), and it comes to light at a later date, then I will be pissed off. City must make it publicly clear to every City fan that facial recognition is only going to be used for speeding up stadium entry and nothing else.

I agree, fortunately we are protected by GDPR so they won’t be able to store it without permission and certainly not use it for other than stated or share it

Not according to this:

https://www.livingwage.org.uk/accredited-living-wage-employers

Where have you seen that City already pay the living wage?

This is an article from the Telegraph in 2018...……… https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/01/man-city-brink-becoming-next-premier...

If it doesn't work (dinosaur) this is an extract...….

Manchester City are on the brink of becoming the next big Premier League club to commit to pay all who work for them the “real” Living Wage.
On the day Manchester United were condemned over their failure to do the same having made Alexis Sanchez the highest-paid player ever in England, the Telegraph can reveal runaway league leaders City are close to concluding deals that would leave their arch-rivals trailing in their wake once more.
City insist they already pay the independently-calculated Living Wage of £8.75 per hour to all staff but admit they also have contracts in place with suppliers which sees some who do work on their behalf earn less than that.

I was told to take my wallet, my keys, and my phone out of my pockets, then I was scanned up and down, told to turn around, arms out, scanned up and down again, and then let through. This process was being repeated on fans in-front of me. While this was going on, the queue behind me was getting longer.

Does this security procedure happen at every entrance? Does this procedure happen to Executive box holders, Tunnel Club members, Corporate members, etc?

I don’t like to call out senior staff employees at City, but it’s time Danny Wilson, who I have got a lot of time for, sat down with other Directors at City and reviewed the scanning procedure by Stewards outside the ground. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 40 years. I have a season ticket. It was in my hand, I’ve been going through the same entrance for at least 5 season’s. Yet I’m being labelled and treated like.....(fill in as appropriate)

I’m not a criminal. I’m not a terrorist. I’m not a security concern to City in any way whatsoever. But I am being made to feel like one. I’m being made to feel like a 2nd class citizen. I’m not. I’m a law abiding, with no criminal record, City fan.

On a side note. A Father had a small, half full, bottle of water, which was his Son’s unfinished bottle of Water, taken off him and binned. The Steward said ‘the club’ does not allow any (plastic) bottles into the ground’.

So if this club policy is to force City fans to spend money inside the ground, it probably worked Yesterday, as the Father would have had to buy another (£2+) bottle of water inside the ground for his Son.
Fucking disgusting but proves my decision was right .

Yes the process is carried out for everyone who enters the stadium

With regard to being someone who has attended games for x years and you aren’t a criminal / terrorist, they are not assuming you are. A situation could arise where the terrorist has kidnapped your family and are making you enter the ground with a device to guarantee their release so everyone has to be search.
I can agree that the searches are somewhat nonsensical and inconsistent at some gates they don’t confiscate water, you will be aware that liquids can be used to create explosives They don’t search children as the security are not CRB cleared again a nonsense
Jesus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.