Falcao Whisperings? (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:
Could be Monaco tried to ratchet up the price and we walked away.

I am all for us not having the piss taken out of us on fees but it is one concern about us that we have not pulled off a star signing since Aguero.

I said the same yesterday mate, but this was never the window for a "galactico".

We've no idea of the reality of how the FFP sanctions hamper us, we won't want dialogue with UEFA after they fucked us so I reckon we're just chilling out knowing we've shifted most of the deadwood and still strengthened the squad.

We can buy in Jan plus we'll piss FFP now so will be able to go big next summer.

Part of the punishment was City had to liase with UEFA every few months to evidence our workings.

Apparently, they are keen to make sure we don;t fall foul of the rules!

Nice of them.
whilst giving everybody else,in debt or not,a free run at transfers...
the whole fuckin ffp stinks to high heaven and it seems the footballing world don`t want to see their little red cherubs floundering...
laughable!!

summerseat blue said:
Has anyone heard that he apparently failed a medical at Real Madrid, that's why they pulled out. City did'nt know this at first so was interested till they found out, so pulled the plug on the deal.
We know he has had a bad knee injury and has barely played at all since then. I think it's entirely down to Utd being willing to financially match his current financial terms. Everyone will have a few doubts in their minds about his fitness

summerseat blue said:
Has anyone heard that he apparently failed a medical at Real Madrid, that's why they pulled out. City did'nt know this at first so was interested till they found out, so pulled the plug on the deal.

And this is not just a coincidence that this came out now after we missed out

I feel on the back of this we should be going eyeballs out against Uefa re FFP as it was this and only that stopped us buying him outright.Rags spend over £150 m despite being in debt to the tune of £600 m
PSG didnt give 2 f==ks and spent far more than we did and got simillar punishment (platini influence)
January should see us going for a big marquee signing and taking this bent regime/cartel all the way as it obvious that playing (soft)ball with them does not pay off
Dont be surprised to see Chickpea back and Falcao at Real after his 9 month medical at the swamp

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Marvin said:
Looks pretty clear that we were in for him, but only on our terms and Utd trumped them.

Falcao has put £ before football which is something our players were accused of. He moved from Porto to Monaco when he had the whole of football chasing his signature. There you go. Still a great player. Certainly so when fit.

I must of missed his athletico career

Just to throw it out there but he did have a cruciate ligament injury last year??

We've strengthened superbly this summer, the bitterness from some makes me chuckle....

If we let Negredo go and do not replace him in this window, don't you think some of the strengthening will have been undermined?

If we have £25m "burning a hole in our pocket", I'd like to see it used to acquire home grown talent, not that there is any absolute certs out there at present.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Rammy Blue said:
summerseat blue said:

That would be funny, especially if he fails at the rags!

There must be some issues regarding his fitness or bayern and chelsea would also been interested!
They have their squads in place

People saying "We don't need another striker, look at last season" are forgetting that Negredo contributed 23 goals and Yaya 24 in all competitions. For starters, Negredo is out of the picture at the moment, either through a sale or his injury, while Yaya will probably never have another season like he did last year, especially given how he looks like he doesn't want to be here.

OB1 said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Marvin said:
Looks pretty clear that we were in for him, but only on our terms and Utd trumped them.

Falcao has put £ before football which is something our players were accused of. He moved from Porto to Monaco when he had the whole of football chasing his signature. There you go. Still a great player. Certainly so when fit.

I must of missed his athletico career

Just to throw it out there but he did have a cruciate ligament injury last year??

We've strengthened superbly this summer, the bitterness from some makes me chuckle....

If we let Negredo go and do not replace him in this window, don't you think some of the strengthening will have been undermined?

Was Negredo coming back before January anyway?

If we need a #4 striker in January there might be something serviceable available in that window.

Danamy said:
OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I hate to put City in a negative light, and all along we have kept a discreet distance, but it still seems as a failure of sorts?

What I don't quite get is allowing Negredo's situation to drag out to the final day, unless Mendes had led us to believe a deal was guaranteed for Falcao.

And I certainly don't get why we would have turned our noses up at Di Maria, had Negredo's situation been sorted out much earlier?

It's cheap, especially so for United, who will cover his wages and some with Welbeck, Hernandez, Keane and Cleverley being moved out.

As someone famously said 'Eez football' but you are never in possession of all the dots and where they supposedly join.

If there was a way to upgrade from Negredo to Falcao, you do have to ask why we let is slip?

Maybe it was his salary.

Maybe Financial Foul Play has in some way hindered us.

If Negredo goes and we only have 3 strikers, that is a risk; unless we plan to play with 1 out and out striker more often. However, in that case, I would have liked to see us get another attacking midfielder. I know Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Lampard could all back-up the striker but still feels a bit short to me.

Also, and without being a spoilt child about it, pulling off a head turning transfer deal - for the right player not just the sake of it - wouldn't do any harm. Moreover, our main rivals have probably strengthened more than we have (bit of wait and see with Scousers).

Maybe we were never in for him and we're happy with what we've got?

We've added strength to the positions we needed to strengthen to a squad of Champions

exactly
a week ago most of us were thinking we had had an excellent summer transfer-wise,
if slightly underwhelming in terms of wow,
all well-planned and carried out by cheeky & sorry over the past 12months,
a simple strategy of filling the positions that needed filling and offloading the unwanteds whilst lowering the wage-bill by extending contracts
and they did it so well we are probably in pocket.

both di maria & falcao became available,
they weren't part of the strategy but when big-name players become available they are always touted to us,
so with a bit of spare change in the purse we were bound to have a look at what was being offered and at what prices.

it's clear that there was no justification in changing a well-structed financial overview by handing out highly-inflated wages to one or two individuals
(even if it would've been nice for us fans to see them arrive)
so we said thanks but no thanks
and that's the reality of the bollox restrictions we've had to work with this summer

next year and from then onwards will be a whole different world
and i'll show my hairy on the town hall steps if we don't land a stellar signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.