Falcao Whisperings? (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard that he apparently failed a medical at Real Madrid, that's why they pulled out. City did'nt know this at first so was interested till they found out, so pulled the plug on the deal.

OB1 said:
Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:
If there was a way to upgrade from Negredo to Falcao, you do have to ask why we let is slip?

Maybe it was his salary.

Maybe Financial Foul Play has in some way hindered us.

If Negredo goes and we only have 3 strikers, that is a risk; unless we plan to play with 1 out and out striker more often. However, in that case, I would have liked to see us get another attacking midfielder. I know Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Lampard could all back-up the striker but still feels a bit short to me.

Also, and without being a spoilt child about it, pulling off a head turning transfer deal - for the right player not just the sake of it - wouldn't do any harm. Moreover, our main rivals have probably strengthened more than we have (bit of wait and see with Scousers).

When we were linked yesterday morn it was 40mil euros transfer fee, now it appears to be 65mil euros. That's one hell of an increase and I wouldn't want us to be taking him at that money at his age with a potentially dodgy knee.

Could be Monaco tried to ratchet up the price and we walked away.

I am all for us not having the piss taken out of us on fees but it is one concern about us that we have not pulled off a star signing since Aguero.

Remind me, who won the Prem last season with Aguero only making 23 apperances?

We're moving in the right direction with or without star signings

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Yeah, after next summer.

By then they can sell a player to offset it, probably Mata or Van Persie.

United will have held an ace card if they have indeed guaranteed to purchase.

His loan fee will also come off the asking price, no doubt.

Mendes isn't daft enough to send him on loan to City or anywhere else if he can also rely on a £50m plus balancing payment.

If I were Arsenal, I'd offer United £10m for Van Persie!
Thought RVP had a knee injury? Or is that over-exaggerated?

I don't think Arsenal could get anywhere to matching RVP's wages. Supposed to be around £250k pw

Utd are stuck with RVP.

United would certainly have to pay Van Persie off, and that's too much even for them!

Like Rooney, they are creating gilded cages for players who are getting older.

Something we have done with Yaya.

We've got £25m burning a hole in our pocket, outside of Negredo.

The team, despite being great champions, needed a lift IMO, even with the restrictions.

Arsenal did this with Sanchez, Chelsea with Fabregas, United with Di Maria/Falcao and Liverpool with Balotelli.

Sometimes it is about making your rivals sit up and take notice. Especially so, when we failed to do so the last time after a title win.

We paid big for a defender a position we needed to strengthen

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Now being reported...

Manchester United in talks to sign João Moutinho
According to the Metro, Manchester United are in talks with AS Monaco midfielder João Moutinho who could join Radamel Falcao at Old Trafford.

681581.gif

Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:
Rammy Blue said:
When we were linked yesterday morn it was 40mil euros transfer fee, now it appears to be 65mil euros. That's one hell of an increase and I wouldn't want us to be taking him at that money at his age with a potentially dodgy knee.

I am all for us not having the piss taken out of us on fees but it is one concern about us that we have not pulled off a star signing since Aguero.

I said the same yesterday mate, but this was never the window for a "galactico".

We've no idea of the reality of how the FFP sanctions hamper us, we won't want dialogue with UEFA after they fucked us so I reckon we're just chilling out knowing we've shifted most of the deadwood and still strengthened the squad.

We can buy in Jan plus we'll piss FFP now so will be able to go big next summer.

Part of the punishment was City had to liase with UEFA every few months to evidence our workings.

Apparently, they are keen to make sure we don;t fall foul of the rules!

Nice of them.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mendes isn't daft enough to send him on loan to City or anywhere else if he can also rely on a £50m plus balancing payment.

If I were Arsenal, I'd offer United £10m for Van Persie!

Interesting that the Rags couldn't pay upfront because of FFP. When they fail to make the top 4 I think we can expect a
fire sale next Summer. The problem they've got is given the wages that they are paying and the age structure of their squad
they will have to basically give some players away.

For any lurking Rags two words ... Leeds United.

chabal said:
BlueTaylor91 said:
Missed out big time

Falcao certainly has but if he's motivated by making money and not by making history he's made the right choice in joining your lot.

Falcao....Setting The Championship alight!

chabal said:
OB1 said:
Rammy Blue said:

Yes, because we were piss poor last year weren't we?

No but we have to keep strengthening and getting the very best players are required for that. Also, commercially, getting in a new big name player once in awhile can be good business.

summerseat blue said:
Has anyone heard that he apparently failed a medical at Real Madrid, that's why they pulled out. City did'nt know this at first so was interested till they found out, so pulled the plug on the deal.

That would be funny, especially if he fails at the rags!

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Now being reported...

Manchester United in talks to sign João Moutinho
According to the Metro, Manchester United are in talks with AS Monaco midfielder João Moutinho who could join Radamel Falcao at Old Trafford.

Aah, The Metro.

Beacon of ground breaking journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.