Falcao Whisperings? (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZZmaestro said:
dario2739 said:
It's pretty clear it is simply a money issue – even without the FFP sanctions I don't think we would have spent the silly money that the Rags obviously are to get the player. They're desperate – so desperate that they are willing to spunk €65mil on a 29yr old with a dodgy knee, when everyone knows it's a defensive midfielder and two centre halves they need.
Looks like the tatical turtle's master tactics this year will be to try and score one more than the opposition!

This, but It might work out for them.
And since Falcao will be 29 in February, he will still have 3 to 5 good seasons in him.

That depends on how his knee injury has healed – look at Van Pussy... his injuries have been less severe than Falcaos, yet it seems he's fucked – and he's only 30... Falcao's 29. Think the main reason Monaco want rid is because they know he stands a pretty good chance of his knee going again.

Whilst we are undoubtedly at the top table - we are seated at the little pull up extension bit - you know for unexpected, unwelcome or uninvited guests. FFP will eventually have us seated at our very own table, however this will still be below the top table but higher than the rest of the diners - that is what FFP was designed to do and that is what it is achieving. A kind of annexation of upstarts to the elite.

Hopefully this spunking of ludicrous panic money by Ushited will highlight this as the absurdity that it is.

As for Falcao - well would have been a good signing for us and a great signing for Arse - but for Manure it is merely papering over the cracks - an aged team with one or two has been question marks over their star players.
It also says a bit about the man.

Mister Appointment said:
Mattyc55 said:
This thread is full of idiots.. im just pissed off we lost to Stoke

Actually this thread has helped distract me from the Stoke defeat pretty well!

Would've loved Falcao just to see Mourinho and Wenger's reaction, but I believe we have enough in our squad to win all four competitions. Even if Negredo leaves.

Every time I try and think about it I just imagine myself screaming at Kolarov to take him out on the half way line..

Yeah Falcao would have been brilliant, but I would much rather have had Di Maria.

not my fault! said:
Kun Aguero said:
agentITK @AgentsITK · 3h
Falcao will join Manchester City unless Hernandez&Welbeck leave United

Hernandez was pictured at Real this morning so that's done & Welbeck being loaned out it seems. Plus he has "ITK" in his name so his tweets are null n void

I believe him, why would he lie?

bluegoal said:
RW9 said:
From the outside looking in... We have been had by utd. They need a panic buy and a statement that they aren't getting left behind. We on the other hand, haven't made a 'big name' signing since aguero and let them pip us to the post? If negredo wants out, which he does, why aren't we signing a striker to replace him? Allowing Falcao to sign for utd and strengthen them is crazy when we are in need for him just as much as them if negredo goes. Knew we wouldn't win the battle. Anyone remember hazard not choosing us when we was in for him? Isco? And now Falcao... Something isn't right there, we are prem champions, in the champions league.. And yet can't compete in the transfer market with utd or Chelsea for that matter?

We'll pay for this!! Stinks of the year RVP chose them over us and won them the league..

Back to the Cafe for you my boy...
His first sentence is the most telling.

Ducado said:
RW9 said:
From the outside looking in... We have been had by utd. They need a panic buy and a statement that they aren't getting left behind. We on the other hand, haven't made a 'big name' signing since aguero and let them pip us to the post? If negredo wants out, which he does, why aren't we signing a striker to replace him? Allowing Falcao to sign for utd and strengthen them is crazy when we are in need for him just as much as them if negredo goes. Knew we wouldn't win the battle. Anyone remember hazard not choosing us when we was in for him? Isco? And now Falcao... Something isn't right there, we are prem champions, in the champions league.. And yet can't compete in the transfer market with utd or Chelsea for that matter?

We'll pay for this!! Stinks of the year RVP chose them over us and won them the league..

Give over, you are making yourself look a right idiot

We don't need to worry about United, well not this year anyway. As many have pointed out they need serious spending on the defence.

What is disappointing is that Falcao is a world class striker and as I posted last night with him suddenly we become serious CL contenders. Without him whilst still good enough to win the PL we do not have sufficient quality to beat Real and Bayern.

What is more worrying is if we sell Negredo without getting in a replacement.

Kun Aguero said:
not my fault! said:
Kun Aguero said:
agentITK @AgentsITK · 3h
Falcao will join Manchester City unless Hernandez&Welbeck leave United

Hernandez was pictured at Real this morning so that's done & Welbeck being loaned out it seems. Plus he has "ITK" in his name so his tweets are null n void

I believe him, why would he lie?

Reading his older tweets many are incorrect

Mattyc55 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Mattyc55 said:
This thread is full of idiots.. im just pissed off we lost to Stoke

Actually this thread has helped distract me from the Stoke defeat pretty well!

Would've loved Falcao just to see Mourinho and Wenger's reaction, but I believe we have enough in our squad to win all four competitions. Even if Negredo leaves.

Every time I try and think about it I just imagine myself screaming at Kolarov to take him out on the half way line..

Yeah Falcao would have been brilliant, but I would much rather have had Di Maria.

Totally agree re: Di Maria.

Thankfully I was at a wedding in the middle of nowhere (literally) on Saturday. Didn't even see the bloody result until 3 am when I finally got to the hotel I was staying at and got on the internet.

We worry too much about early season losses IMO - we did the same last season. The might Real Madrid lost last night and they looked unbelievably wank for an hour as well. That's a side with Bale, James, Kroos, Modric, Benzema, Isco, etc in it.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
@BluePhil8 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
They indisputably are. For now.
steady on mate, they really are not. mendez is notorious for being a hard bargainer and i think we would have said no at the wages being touted and the £51m fee. do you think Txixi would be dictated to by an agent? We tried to get it done on our terms, it didn't work out, United then jumped in because they need class players.
Apologies. I didn't make myself clear.

As things stand with FFP restrictions in place they can exceed anything we can offer, if they so wish. That, allied to their prominence as a club makes them a bigger pull, certainly with marquee signings.

Once the FFP handcuffs are off and we continue to grow as a club the dynamics will change.
Ah, I get you.

I think we are being smart here. Sell Negredo, Garcia, Rodwell. Break even this year. Get a big name next summer when UEFA back off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.