Falkirk v Celtic

So how do we ever move on from that load of bollocks outside the stadium yesterday,Jim?

Do you think that you and they will ever find it within yourselves to join the rest of us and "forgive" the sins of the British army and those who we've fought in the past-for ONE day?
Will Rangers fans still be marching down the roads in 100 years time,dressed in orange,deliberately alienating and inflaming Catholic communities?
The fact is that if the Sectarian devide is based on unquestioning indoctrination and handed-down hatred.You can't help it,and I feel sad for you and the others who know no better.

Just for one minute yesterday,those dickheads just couldn't put it down and remember the sacrifice of ALL the soldiers that died,Catholic and Protestant.It's about respect,reflection and reconciliation,not scoring twisted political points in an attempt to keep the "struggle" alive.

On a positive note-incidents like yesterday will ultimately be the rope the old firm repeatedly hang themselves with in the minds of decent people.
It reminds us of what we could be letting ourselves in for on a weekly basis if we ever allow them to join the English league.

No thanks.

Eggsy said:
BrightwellsBoot said:
From the Daily Record :

Only around half of Celtic fans had taken their seats in the build-up to kickoff as the other half chose not to join with other supporters, players and officials in a minute of collective remembrance inside the stadium. That, of course, is their democratic right, fought for by the generations they chose not to honour.

However, there can be no excuse for the couple of dozen rabble rousers who chose their time in the car park to belt out a Republican anthem as Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell was spotted on television shaking his head in disbelief.

It was a selfish and shameful gesture that desecrated the memory of those who made the greatest sacrifice of all, including those Celtic players, the official Parkhead website poignantly reminded us yesterday, who fell in the First World War"

You will notice on the first video on this post that whilst shaking hs head in disbelief, Mr Lawwell, also choose not to wear a poopy.

Very true, I'm not sure what the Celtic FC official stance is, but Strachan, Mowbry and countless other managers never wore a poppy on official Celtic duty, but have always wore one whilst working at clubs or on television !!!! strange that for an "all inclusive" club !!!

snip said:
ICT no they are not bad at all !!!,

Just look at the catalogue of disruption by the old firm.

And yes you are trying to justify protest on rememberance sunday.
Soldiers fought,so the likes of you and me and those scum could have freedom of speech and you try and justify their protest as they had their reasons!!

Again, no, im not. "catalogue of disruption" Not really, Rangers wrecked Manchester and Celtic tore out a few seats. I would agree with you if you said Rangers catalogue of disruption as they really have caused a lot of trouble. This is a very sensitive issue, that some people just aren't ready to listen to. My dad is an irish, catholic. His parents had to live with the gross killing of their friends and family purely because of their religion. Is that right? No. Il say it again, why should they have to commemorate the deaths of people who killed their families? Before you call me a nazi, i'm neutral on this sort of thing. Im not irish or a celtic fan. I just want to add another dimension to the argument.

ICT-Tam said:
snip said:
ICT no they are not bad at all !!!,

Just look at the catalogue of disruption by the old firm.

And yes you are trying to justify protest on rememberance sunday.
Soldiers fought,so the likes of you and me and those scum could have freedom of speech and you try and justify their protest as they had their reasons!!

Again, no, im not. "catalogue of disruption" Not really, Rangers wrecked Manchester and Celtic tore out a few seats. I would agree with you if you said Rangers catalogue of disruption as they really have caused a lot of trouble. This is a very sensitive issue, that some people just aren't ready to listen to. My dad is an irish, catholic. His parents had to live with the gross killing of their friends and family purely because of their religion. Is that right? No. Il say it again, why should they have to commemorate the deaths of people who killed their families? Before you call me a nazi, i'm neutral on this sort of thing. Im not irish or a celtic fan. I just want to add another dimension to the argument.

What argument.No matter what the occasion is all you have to do is keep quiet for a minute.All those that do not are braindead no matter what your beliefs are.

Clubs should come down hard on this sort of thing. Fuck the old firm they make me feel sick. Jim you go on about all these harsh things the brits have done but then have the cheek to move to salford. Whats that all about?

from the Scotsman
Fans' Remembrance Day A REMEMBRANCE Day tribute before Scotland's top football match yesterday afternoon was marred by chanting and singing by fans.

The Scotsman believes that Sky Sports, which broadcast the SPL match between Falkirk and Celtic, was forced to adjust the sound levels during the live broadcast.

A source said: "People do swear or sing inappropriate songs during matches and judgments have to be made whether it is appropriate to broadcast it. In this case a decision must have been made to bring the sound levels down."

A Falkirk season ticket holder said: "The fans inside the ground stood in silence. But the away end was only half full before the kick-off and there was singing and chanting outside the ground."

No-one from either club was available for comment last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.