Falkirk v Celtic

levets said:
blue jim said:
Sinn Fein are a completely legitimate elected political party. Whats your point?

They were the voice of the IRA. They are legitimate now yes, but not then.. I think you know my point, as does everybody else.
Oh, and I'm a catholic of Irish decent and know Irish history.. so if you want a row (metaphorically speaking).........
Ofcourse they were the voice of the IRA. When all other avenues of protest were made illegal or batted down by the B Specials and the RUC, when protestors were shot dead while protesting peacefully, what else do you do? Desperate situations call for desperate measures, do you really blame people for supporting them?

surely someone who claims to know Irish history will know what I'm talking about.

And for the record, people here seem to think I'm anti british or anti english or something and support the IRA. lets put it straight, i dont. simple as that.

blue jim said:
levets said:
They were the voice of the IRA. They are legitimate now yes, but not then.. I think you know my point, as does everybody else.
Oh, and I'm a catholic of Irish decent and know Irish history.. so if you want a row (metaphorically speaking).........
Ofcourse they were the voice of the IRA. When all other avenues of protest were made illegal or batted down by the B Specials and the RUC, when protestors were shot dead while protesting peacefully, what else do you do? Desperate situations call for desperate measures, do you really blame people for supporting them?

surely someone who claims to know Irish history will know what I'm talking about.

And for the record, people here seem to think I'm anti british or anti english or something and support the IRA. lets put it straight, i dont. simple as that.

Of course they were the voice of the IRA... your quote
McAnespie was an election worker for Sinn Féin and was not a member of the IRA... from your link
===================================================================

Now do you see where I'm going?

Let them get on with it. I have no interest in what they do up there. I think we should give them independence & sever all ties. We could then deport Bacon Face.

levets said:
blue jim said:

McAnespie was an election worker for Sinn Féin and was not a member of the IRA... from your link

So killing someone because theyre a member of a political part is acceptable, aye?

Reminds me of a certain country in the 1930s that.

blue jim said:

All other avenues apart from the SDLP, sister party of the Labour Party, who wanted a united Ireland by peaceful means.

Irish History or your one sided view of irish history.

BerksBlue said:
blue jim said:

All other avenues apart from the SDLP, sister party of the Labour Party, who wanted a united Ireland by peaceful means.

Aye, the SDLP, the same party that turns up for tea and biscuits then fecks off. Would be better spoiling a vote.

I dont have a one sided view of Irish history mate I've probably read more books on loyalism than I have on republicanism and taken everything i possibly could into account to form my opinions.

But apparently, thats a crime on here.

blue jim said:
levets said:

So killing someone because theyre a member of a political part is acceptable, aye?

Reminds me of a certain country in the 1930s that.

Absolutely not! Thats not the point I am making. Do you think that maybe the security forces believed him to be a terrorist? The Celtic fans portray him as an innocent martyr to the cause. maybe, Just maybe he wasn't.

The republican movement has moved on... time for Celtic fans to move on. You know that the majority in Eire couldn't give a fuck don't you? It is a 6 counties issue only, since Devalera sold them out.

blue jim said:
BerksBlue said:

Aye, the SDLP, the same party that turns up for tea and biscuits then fecks off. Would be better spoiling a vote.

I dont have a one sided view of Irish history mate I've probably read more books on loyalism than I have on republicanism and taken everything i possibly could into account to form my opinions.

Is that the same SDLP that John Hume was a member of, you know, that bloke that brokered the first peace deal with David Trimble?

Don't get me wrong, Gerry and Martin have done fantastically well to reinvent themselves and there will be a united Ireland within the next 100 years or before. But in all fairness Jim, there's two sides to every story and without coming the cnut, I am one who knows and you need know no more.

Your good self is suffering from one of the worst semantic problems to come out of the Troubles, a terrible dose of 'what-about-ery'.

It's all got to stop. Too many have died. Too many are still being indoctrinated. And those teams north of the border perpetuate it by their very existence.

strongbowholic said:
blue jim said:

Is that the same SDLP that John Hume was a member of, you know, that bloke that brokered the first peace deal with David Trimble?

Don't get me wrong, Gerry and Martin have done fantastically well to reinvent themselves and there will be a united Ireland within the next 100 years or before. But in all fairness Jim, there's two sides to every story and without coming the cnut, I am one who knows and you need know no more.

Your good self is suffering from one of the worst semantic problems to come out of the Troubles, a terrible dose of 'what-about-ery'.

It's all got to stop. Too many have died. Too many are still being indoctrinated. And those teams north of the border perpetuate it by their very existence.

Graet Post!

Enough is enough!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.