Famous relatives.

For the record the footballing cousin played for Oldham, luton and Newcastle and my rugby playing cousin played for sale sharks, toulouse and Worcester.
Dazzler was a decent player.

One of the couple who fitted our bathroom a few years ago were related to him, can't be certain but I think that was by cousinhood as well.

Couldn't have been you as neither of them were mad blues ;)

I am a distant relative of Captain Noel Chavasse.
As a Little boy I was taken by my very proud Grandfather to see his grave in Brandhoek. It was one of the only occassions I saw my grandfather wear medals or a regimental blazier, and definitely the only time I ever saw him cry.
,As a boy soldier in the medical corps I was in chavasse company, one of only 3 men to win the Victoria cross twice

i'm a distant relative of Roger le Duc who served 4 terms as lord mayor of london in the 1200's

i'm also a blood relative of Sir Thomas Duke, a welsh nobleman who defended wales from the irish. He was given a section of land in wales as thanks for his help. Knowing my luck, it would be fukkin Rhyl or Prestatyn

My mum's father was Freddie Mills, former world light heavyweight boxing champion and a 1950s/60s celebrity. Bit of a family scandal really, the result of putting it politely, a fling.

Dazzler was a decent player.

One of the couple who fitted our bathroom a few years ago were related to him, can't be certain but I think that was by cousinhood as well.

Couldn't have been you as neither of them were mad blues ;)
Ha ha no mate it wasn't me. I think he's a builder now last time I heard living up shaw or Saddleworth .

,As a boy soldier in the medical corps I was in chavasse company, one of only 3 men to win the Victoria cross twice

Vc and bar
His Grave stone has two VC's engraved on it.
Noel Chavasse was the only man to win two in WW1.
one other won one before WW1( Boar War maybe) and one in WW1 he was also a surgeon.
The third VC and bar was awarded in WW2 to a kiwi called Charles Upham. I met him in the mid to late sixties His two VCs were awarded for actions that a couple of years apart. Read this guys story if you want to know what a VC really means.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.