Fan on pitch

Sparkys-Army said:
Looks like there will be an extra seat available. I call dibs.

Yep. Can't see him escaping a ban for that, despite his apology. If Fletcher has anything to do with it, he probably won't get his accesscard back even when the ban is up.

Stupid thing to do really. I appreciate that emotions were running high and I was as pissed off as anyone when that winning goal went in, but you can't go invading pitches and confronting players.

ban-mcfc said:
Marvin said:
Feel sorry for him now and I doubt he'll ever do that again

he wont ever be in a position to have the choice.

Do you think he'll be banned for life? I was at School with a couple of Scalls who got 10 year bans from football for fighting or whatever.

peoffrey said:
ban-mcfc said:
Marvin said:
Feel sorry for him now and I doubt he'll ever do that again

he wont ever be in a position to have the choice.

Do you think he'll be banned for life? I was at School with a couple of Scalls who got 10 year bans from football for fighting or whatever.

i thought that what it was, running on the pitch especially with the intention of violence?

i know he didn't make contact but judging by fletchers heavy handed approach i cant see them letting him back.

hopefully they will at some point though.

Heat of the moment one rush of madness.He was probably on the pitch before he realised it and then thought,''What the fuck am i doing??''

He is 21 and while i accept he will get punished a life ban,which some are calling for, seems a bit harsh considering his age.Some of us older fans probably thought,''There for the grace of God go I!''

With experiance we do things differently.I just hit the exit instead of anyone else,avoided the crush and traffic and got home on a half empty metro tram with very few football fans on it.It was surreal.Hearing the rag fans singing at cornbrook waiting for a tram to take them into town i was glad i made that choice.Later i went out,got pissed,took the snide gloating comments with a knowing smile.Heard them all before now....we will be back and what's more they know it too!

ban-mcfc said:
peoffrey said:

i thought that what it was, running on the pitch especially with the intention of violence?

i know he didn't make contact but judging by fletchers heavy handed approach i cant see them letting him back.

hopefully they will at some point though.

He was never going to shake Jar Jar's hand, was he? I think just getting on the pitch without the excuse of winning the league will ensure he'll get the book thrown at him.

Ducado said:
I don't know how a ban for life would work out, in a few months time no will remember his name, in two years time it will be a distant memory

The leeds fan who punched Kirkland was currently serving a ban. They mean fuck all.

To paraphrase a Rolling Stones movie... If you run on the pitch and reach your intended 'victim', you can really only do one of two things... hit them or kiss them...

Kiss Camel gob...? Er...

I think he was going to hit him, but probably not very hard. Joe Hart may well have saved him a prison sentence.

On the subject of the GMP; I have very clear memories of visiting supporters ejected for being in the home section, being walked very slowly through the crowd at Maine Road (the North Stand particularly) and allowing them to be punched.

Coppers; some good, some bad.

Stewards; some good, some bad, most ugly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.