'Fans' giving blues a bad name

simonr555 said:
I have to agree with the OP and a lot of people who state that too many people feel it is the norm to do what they do. I'm all for having a good time and a few drinks before nd after a game but not to the extent of being pissed out my mind and acting like Charlie Big Time throughout the afternoon. I've seen it at every away game I've been to bar Fulham where I was surrounded by what I would call good proper fans who were there to support the team and get behind them like we should.

I am pretty certain we'll see a rather alrge percentage of fans acting the fool at Blackburn and I really hope I am proved wrong but I just can't see it. We seem to be breeding fans who are, for want of a better word, pricks.

u mean the same fans who travel up and down the country giving the most vocal support to the lads on the pitch, yeah we get pissed up and have a laugh, thats what going away with the lads is all about. have u seen the official arrest figures for top flight clubs last year, i think you will find we r the best fans in the land and all the world..... this thread is a disgrace. before i ever came on this forum i thought every blue was on the same page, there are so many wankers on this forum..

markbmcfc said:
I can imagine this being a controversial point, but its something I'd like to see discussed.

Every club has its share of fans who are, well, tossers of the highest order. However I dont care about other fans but I do our own and the image they portray to the general public.

Barnsley at weekend, a couple of examples. On the train coming over, bout 10am, there was a group of 5 or 6 young lads and lasses having a sing song. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. They were knocking back the strongbow's, which I wouldnt do at that time on a train but, thats just me. As the journey got on they got a bit more rowdy, started singing M***ch songs, and the Ryan giggs song a few times. They were quite a few elderly people in close proximately who visibly looked distressed and intimidated by the loud singing, language and them being drunk. The conductor came over and asked them to be quite and to stop drinking, but offered not to confiscate the booze. She (the conductor) got a fair bit of abuse, totally uncalled for.

It got to the point that the elderly people around got up and moved to a different carriage. A few stops later we all got off.

At the match, had a guy sat behind me, who wasnt there in the first half. Absolutely teared into the players, effing like mad about how shit they are. Spouting some racial stuff at Adebayor about elephants and his mother, when it comes to language it doesnt bother me at all but it was every other word from him, with it being a friendly, lots of young kids about and one Dad got up and told him to shut up. Probably happens at every game, one of those things.

Train coming back, im sat next to this guy on his own wearing the maroon and white stripe City shirt from some years ago. Tries talking to me, slurring like hell, and then falls asleep for the rest of the journey. Just as we're getting off the train, some nice looking lass (total stranger) dressed up for a night out walks past with her boyfriend. He grabs her, asks her where she's going, and says, "you dont wanna be with him, grab hold of my arm and I'll show you a good night" right in front of her boyfriend. They were only about 18/19.

That was just one match, but it really pissed me off, one thing that City fans are renowned for is our humour and just good fans to be around. Personally, I think the above is our of order and if this sort of stuff happens at every away game, I dont like the affect thats having on public opinion of us.

I think there is a time and a place, and some respect to the public should be given on public transport. Especially if theres kids and elderly around. If not then fine, sing away with all your cans, i'll join in, but there should be some respect for the people in the vacinity IMO.

Am i just being a whinge bag or do others share this view?

if you feel so strongly about this matter and you would like to have it discussed why didn't you discuss it with the people face to face ?
I feel that the internet allows people to give strong opinions and sound very tough when they are writting from the usa or ireland however the only way "real" fans will stop all this unacceptable behaviour is by confronting these people when they are doing it and not on any forum where 12 yaer olds can give it large.
sorry if this upsets people but this is my opinion

whp.blue said:
if you feel so strongly about this matter and you would like to have it discussed why didn't you discuss it with the people face to face ?
I feel that the internet allows people to give strong opinions and sound very tough when they are writting from the usa or ireland however the only way "real" fans will stop all this unacceptable behaviour is by confronting these people when they are doing it and not on any forum where 12 yaer olds can give it large.

Anonymity isn't always a bad thing.

whp.blue said:
markbmcfc said:
I can imagine this being a controversial point, but its something I'd like to see discussed.

Every club has its share of fans who are, well, tossers of the highest order. However I dont care about other fans but I do our own and the image they portray to the general public.

Barnsley at weekend, a couple of examples. On the train coming over, bout 10am, there was a group of 5 or 6 young lads and lasses having a sing song. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. They were knocking back the strongbow's, which I wouldnt do at that time on a train but, thats just me. As the journey got on they got a bit more rowdy, started singing M***ch songs, and the Ryan giggs song a few times. They were quite a few elderly people in close proximately who visibly looked distressed and intimidated by the loud singing, language and them being drunk. The conductor came over and asked them to be quite and to stop drinking, but offered not to confiscate the booze. She (the conductor) got a fair bit of abuse, totally uncalled for.

It got to the point that the elderly people around got up and moved to a different carriage. A few stops later we all got off.

At the match, had a guy sat behind me, who wasnt there in the first half. Absolutely teared into the players, effing like mad about how shit they are. Spouting some racial stuff at Adebayor about elephants and his mother, when it comes to language it doesnt bother me at all but it was every other word from him, with it being a friendly, lots of young kids about and one Dad got up and told him to shut up. Probably happens at every game, one of those things.

Train coming back, im sat next to this guy on his own wearing the maroon and white stripe City shirt from some years ago. Tries talking to me, slurring like hell, and then falls asleep for the rest of the journey. Just as we're getting off the train, some nice looking lass (total stranger) dressed up for a night out walks past with her boyfriend. He grabs her, asks her where she's going, and says, "you dont wanna be with him, grab hold of my arm and I'll show you a good night" right in front of her boyfriend. They were only about 18/19.

That was just one match, but it really pissed me off, one thing that City fans are renowned for is our humour and just good fans to be around. Personally, I think the above is our of order and if this sort of stuff happens at every away game, I dont like the affect thats having on public opinion of us.

I think there is a time and a place, and some respect to the public should be given on public transport. Especially if theres kids and elderly around. If not then fine, sing away with all your cans, i'll join in, but there should be some respect for the people in the vacinity IMO.

Erm, Have you ever tried to have a decent educated conversation with a load of pissed up folk?

u mean the same fans who travel up and down the country giving the most vocal support to the lads on the pitch, yeah we get pissed up and have a laugh, thats what going away with the lads is all about. have u seen the official arrest figures for top flight clubs last year, i think you will find we r the best fans in the land and all the world..... this thread is a disgrace. before i ever came on this forum i thought every blue was on the same page, there are so many wankers on this forum..[/quote]

Iam like yourself mate, I wouldn't go to an away match without having a few drinks and having the banter that goes without saying!.
But theres a difference between having a laugh and a few drinks with your mates when going to the footie and some dick just blatantly being offensive to other people on trains/buses etc.
Also, every blue on the same page, what planet are you on mate?.
p.s. Dont think that there are any wankers on here either mate, ok maybe just one or two ; )

Getting pissed and singing is part of the experience but when it becomes offensive and aggression is shown it is no longer just a bit of banter.

markbmcfc said:

You're not a whinge bad rather a whimp! grow some balls and live in the real world.....It is wrong what has happened but it is reality! toughen up!

Pocomoke blue said:
markbmcfc said:

You're not a whinge bad rather a whimp! grow some balls and live in the real world.....It is wrong what has happened but it is reality! toughen up!

How old are you?

Well Im working in glasgow this week and will be coming down to manc on the train with the celtic fans on saturday. Im sure im going to experience what its like to be on the recieving end of the abuse, and im guessing that I might be the only city fan on a train full of celtic fans. . . . . Wish me luck people

100%manc said:
Well Im working in glasgow this week and will be coming down to manc on the train with the celtic fans on saturday. Im sure im going to experience what its like to be on the recieving end of the abuse, and im guessing that I might be the only city fan on a train full of celtic fans. . . . . Wish me luck people

Any last requests, maybe a letter to a loved one? Would you also like to give us your preference for your last meal ;-)

.......sure you'll all get on swimmingly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.