Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I always stay until the final whistle but I have learned, to my cost, that if I hang around for 5 minutes after the game, it will take at least an hour to get out of the car park and then the roads around the ground are packed. If I leave right at the end of the game and walk briskly I can get out of the car park relatively quickly and get ahead of the worst of the traffic. It make a huge difference to my journey time.

I understand you, given the drive you have to get back home. By the way, what do you do about the bottom of the Atlantic — do you just roll the windows up?

Totally agree, never understood it and never will.

Same thing happened when were were relegated into the old third division and getting 20k crowds, people leaving 10 mins early to avoid the traffic, weirdos
City fans have been leaving early since the 60s. We are always late arrivals as well. I think a lot of us are basically alcoholics.

We park for free on the streets around Grimshaw Lane (like thousands of others).. it doesn't make too much of a difference staying until the final whistle. Whereas on the occassions I've parked in the official car parks the difference between leaving early and staying till FT can mean another 90 minutes stuck in traffic, I've never understand why it's so bad.

My two teenage boys never leave until the last player leaves the pitch, proud of them for that loyalty and respect. Caused a big problem after the Villa game as the last player was still on the pitch when the stewards told us to leave. My eldest refused, the steward asked me to tell him to leave, I said he never listens to a word I say, so we stayed til the last player went off. Good lads

I will be leaving 5 minutes early tomorrow because if I don't leave early I will have to wait an hour and three quarters for another train if I don't get the 10:03 one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.