Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Ah, but were there still groundsmen tending the pitch? Part-time supporters, if so…

A little detail. When we played the F.A. Cup semi-final against Arsenal at Wembley in 2017, I stayed well beyond the final whistle. I was in no hurry, and was myself dazed by the result and needed to collect my thoughts. The last man off the pitch from either side, by a long way, was Kev. He stood for long moments in the middle of the pitch, staring down at the grass, and I watched him. Nobody else seemed to notice. His mates had all disappeared down the tunnel to get into that bath. He stood there and he was clearly saying to himself, “How the FUCK did we just fuck that up?!” I felt like going out and putting my arm round his shoulder. I should have, in fact, except that some officious steward would have rugby tackled me, I suppose.
Kev has good games and bad ones too (mainly good, it has to be said, sometimes downright unearthly) but I will never hear a word said against him in relation to his connection with the club. His connection with MCFC is a deep one. And it matters not one jot if he one day moves on. He will have earned it, a hundredfold.

He will be an automatic pick for all time PL 11s in 10 years

More like 9:35 mate, wife isn't too clever walking these days and we need some wiggle room.
As I said if we miss the 10:03 the next one isn't until 11:29.

trick is to follow the tram line down to chapeltown road, then onto Baird street and up through the multi-story car park.

I notice a lot going down to store street or Ducie street that may not know that shortcut.

trick is to follow the tram line down to chapeltown road, then onto Baird street and up through the multi-story car park.

I notice a lot going down to store street or Ducie street that may not know that shortcut.

Ordered some parking on Lord St about 20 minutes ago instead, will wait in the car for an age but wont have to rush at the end.

not read all thread but it is what it is

maybe if we had a manager banging his chest at full time every game more would stay behind or did he just shame them into staying the latter if i remember correctly

I always stay until the final whistle but I have learned, to my cost, that if I hang around for 5 minutes after the game, it will take at least an hour to get out of the car park and then the roads around the ground are packed. If I leave right at the end of the game and walk briskly I can get out of the car park relatively quickly and get ahead of the worst of the traffic. It make a huge difference to my journey time.
I dont want to flog this horse to death but tonight I left about one minute after the final whistle, so about 9.16. I got home at 10.45. I live about 8 miles from the ground.

I dont want to flog this horse to death but tonight I left about one minute after the final whistle, so about 9.16. I got home at 10.45. I live about 8 miles from the ground.
How many pubs did you stop at ?

Seriously, that’s ridiculous but well done for staying to the end.

#staythe90

Traffic was shocking tonight but that’s what a full house midweek gives you!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.