Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I'm happy now I'm in the standing section, it used to be the case that you'd be up and down and craning your neck to watch the game for the last 15 minutes.

It's of course not my place to stop anyone doing whatever they want, but it's mad to me when you watch goal collections from vintage seasons gone there are last minute winners in half empty grounds. All those big moments in the course of a season from some of our best players you'll be telling your grandkids and great grandkids about missed by 1000s of people who paid £50 to be there because they needed to be home 35 minutes early. Seems like missing the encore of your favourite band to be the first one on the tram back into town tbh, but it is what it is.

I leave early most games….absolutely nobody elses business. Getting away from the ground is shit and must be one of the worst in the country.

Staying until the end doesn’t make you a better fan than the early leavers, it really doesn’t.

The term “supporter” means someone who supports the team.

Pretty logical that someone who is inside the stadium is supporting the team more than someone who has left and on their way home.

Anyone can do what they want and it’s not really anyone’s business why someone leaves early, but at the same time it’s just irrefutable that you are supporting the team more by staying inside the stadium until the match is over.

at the same time it’s just irrefutable that you are supporting the team more by staying inside the stadium until the match is over.

Some of the people around me do make me wonder about that. I often think they'd be better off fucking off or, better still, not coming at all.
I genuinely think that some people have got issues that they bring to the stadium that they would be better off working out elsewhere. Perhaps on a psychoanalyst's couch. Or in a good old barroom fight. Or in bed with someone of their choice. Many ways of dealing with it.

For myself, I always stay to the end, absolutely always. Once only, I had to get back to Piccadilly at a brisk old walking pace for a train that was linked to a flight. If I missed that train, I missed that flight. Would then have had an interesting time explaining why I didn't turn up for work the following day (it was a Sunday match)…
Not infrequently, I've stayed on for a few minutes. This time I left fairly quickly, after the final whistle, turning to clap them from the top of the stairs.
But let's have it right. Many a time and oft, I've stayed on for a few minutes, only to see the team, once they've gone through the rigmarole of their hugs and handshakes between themselves and with the opposing team, turn for the dressing room without so much as a look in the direction of any of the stands. Not a wave, not a look, nothing. I'm not offended by it, but if they don't do it, they can't really expect us to stick around, can they? It cuts both ways.
Haaland's initiative was excellent, and if I thought it was going to be a regular thing after a good performance, I would definitely stay on, because I can. Some genuinely can't.
One of the best moments about the Villa game after the final whistle was the moment of real communion between Zin and the whole of the South Stand. That will always be a treasured memory.

How many missed 93:20? The thought makes me shudder!
My m8 walked out at Wembley before Dickov and then again before Dzeko , he managed to get back in both times although grazed to fk after having to climb up the turret last time ..,
I was contemplating telling him to do one at Villa but the comeback came early . He did say after the game he was actually thinking of leaving just before we scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.