Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Calling the fans that stay, 'emotionally needy' is a bizarre defensive mechanism. As is saying fans, like myself, have little minds for seeing things differently to you.

The fact is it looks shit to Pep/ the players when people leave early. You're lying to yourself if you disagree.
The fact of them staying doesn’t make them needy, it’s the fact they want recognition for doing so that seals the deal. And by little minds I mean unable to use perspective and see the wider picture rather than focus on a situation that taken out of context can mean very little.

I think it’s fair to assume that Pep and the team don’t live in a fairytale world where every home game sees a boisterous full house wildly applauding yet another meaningless lap of honour. In the real world, such celebratory scenes are saved for the really important victories and the enjoyment of those is magnified by it having the feel of a special occasion.

The blue who goes 3 days before a game and sleeps in the bogs and stays in the bogs until the next game is a top blue.

I'll never get to that level of blueness. Respect.

Wrong question.

People explaining their actions on here are only doing so because sad needy online trolls are criticising their actions to make themselves feel better about their own lives.

Your question should be why are the needy wannabe superfans criticising other blues ?

Doesn’t happen in real life.
That’s a lot of incorrect conjecture there.

I’m neither sad nor needy nor a troll nor do I need to make myself feel better about my own life.

I’m also not any sort of superfan nor a wannabe one.

Blues criticise other Blues all the time. There’s nowt up with that. We’re not all some sort of untouchable infallible delicate creatures who melt anytime anyone says anything that’s not 100% positive about us. You yourself have just criticised me as the OP and anyone who’s contributed to this thread in agreement with the sentiment, and it hasn’t made me think of a sentence to deconstruct your personality.

Plus this isn’t about me or others who stay to applaud; it’s about the players, and the player-fan bond. Which makes your point a bit redundant.

Pep’s already come out this week and said that the players are enjoying playing at the Etihad more this season because the atmosphere being noticeably better. It’s all about forming that bond between the fans and the team. And I bet they’d all feel an increase in that bond with their efforts being attended to the end and applauded for afterwards.

I’m sure a lot of them have a nice tidy bank account to soften the blow if we don’t, but for players at our level it’s about more than just money, it’s about winning trophies and becoming legends of the club, legends of the sport, and with the fans and leaving a lasting legacy, but I also think it’s just as important with us fans in having the same impact with and meaning to the players.

Plus this sort of bond is maybe something that’s missing a bit when it comes to us going that extra mile and finally winning the CL. Think about it, we’ve had all the ingredients over the last decade to win it, but we have fallen short every single year. Do the players lack that final bit of belief that we are completely intertwined with them and “together” (a club motto for a decade now), something that would simply be in their subconscious but something that gives them that extra 1%? Because those involved in sport are constantly talking about all the 1%’ers. All those extra 1%’ers you can get hold of and utilise, despite being just an extra 1%, are fucking huge!

Maybe not, maybe that’s bollocks, but I’m dead certain that 30,000 people getting up and leaving in the last ten minutes of every home game is never ever going to build it.

There’s a fella called Jamie Jones-Buchanan who played for Leeds Rhinos in rugby league, he’s now a coach and pundit after retiring from the game. Something he always talks about are those extra 1%’ers. When he played he always used to get his team to do loads of things that contributed to it all: celebrating the little wins within a game, at half time all the team gather on the half way line and jog to the changing rooms together as a team, doing a lap of honour after every game win lose or draw, to name but a few, and also the fans contributing to all of it n’all… he and his Leeds side won everything in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stayed until Erling Haaland finally came off the pitch after his tour of honour. Home by 10pm in on Stretford/Urmston border.

Pedal bike - I have a car but on a balmy evening like last night, crazy to use it.
Those that leave before the end piss me off no end. If they've got an aisle seat, fair enough but I think it's incredibly selfish to disrupt everyone else.

There is literally no logical reason for the % of people that leave in the last 10 minutes of games. I get there may be a small % that might miss their last train or have some urgent matters to attend to but for the majority it is nothing more than habit or feeling that they need to beat others to be first in line for a bus or train, or just the fact that they can do what they want because its a free world.

People moan like hell on hear about the price of tickets, associated transport costs and the general cost of living to average fans, surely the best way to get the most value from that spend is to maximise the minutes watched for the money. Rocking up late, missing 5 mins either side of half time and then leaving 10 minutes early makes the £ per minute watched hugely more expensive.

All this is even without the fact that we have been given everything we could have ever wished for as fans by the club, we should be absolutely joyous and make the most of every minute while it lasts not chipping off early to get the best seat on the bus, or first row of the bar, or even getting to bed 20 mins earlier for work. Plus it also gives a psychological boost to the players and coaching staff.

One day in the future it might all be over, make the most of it while you can.

I’m neither sad nor needy nor a troll nor do I need to make myself feel better about my own life.

Blues criticise other Blues all the time. There’s nowt up with that. We’re not all some sort of untouchable infallible delicate creatures who melt anytime anyone says anything that’s not 100% positive about us. You yourself have just criticised me as the OP and anyone who’s contributed to this thread in agreement with the sentiment, and it hasn’t made me think of a sentence to deconstruct your personality.

Plus this isn’t about me or others who stay to applaud; it’s about the players, and the player-fan bond. Which makes you point a bit redundant.

Pep’s already come out this week and said that the players are enjoying playing at the Etihad more this season because the atmosphere being noticeably better. It’s all about forming that bond between the fans and the team. And I bet they’d all feel an increase in that bond with their efforts being attended to the end and applauded for afterwards.

I’m sure a lot of them have a nice tidy bank account to soften the blow if we don’t, but for players at our level it’s about more than just money, it’s about winning trophies and becoming legends of the club and with the fans and leaving a lasting legacy, but I also think it’s just as important with us fans in having the same impact with and meaning to the players.

Plus this sort of bond is maybe something that’s missing a bit when it comes to us going that extra mile and finally winning the CL. Think about it, we’ve had all the ingredients over the last decade to win it, but we have fallen short every single year. Do the players lack that final bit of belief that we are completely intertwined with them and “together” (a club motto for a decade now), something that would simply be in their subconscious but something that gives them that extra 1%? Because those involved in sport are constantly talking about all the 1%’ers. All those extra 1% you can get hold of and utilise, despite being just an extra 1%, are fucking huge!

Maybe not, maybe that’s bollocks, but I’m dead certain that 30,000 people getting up and leaving in the last ten minutes of every home game is never ever going to build it.
Its simple human nature. Am I appreciated? Was my performance appreciated?

The fact of them staying doesn’t make them needy, it’s the fact they want recognition for doing so that seals the deal. And by little minds I mean unable to use perspective and see the wider picture rather than focus on a situation that taken out of context can mean very little.

I think it’s fair to assume that Pep and the team don’t live in a fairytale world where every home game sees a boisterous full house wildly applauding yet another meaningless lap of honour. In the real world, such celebratory scenes are saved for the really important victories and the enjoyment of those is magnified by it having the feel of a special occasion.
Now you're just making stuff up. If it makes you feel better to manipulate an argument into something that suits your perspective, go for it.

Pep and the players want an atmosphere and celebration worthy of their world class performances. You're deluded if you don't think they crave (and deserve) the adulation after smashing someone 6-0 at home. If they didn't want it they'd just walk off and it's hardly a fairytale world for fans to clap off the players.

Plus this isn’t about me or others who stay to applaud; it’s about the players, and the player-fan bond. Which makes you point a bit redundant.

I’m sure a lot of them have a nice tidy bank account to soften the blow if we don’t, but for players at our level it’s about more than just money, it’s about winning trophies and becoming legends of the club and with the fans and leaving a lasting legacy, but I also think it’s just as important with us fans in having the same impact with and meaning to the players.

Plus this sort of bond is maybe something that’s missing a bit when it comes to us going that extra mile and finally winning the CL. Think about it, we’ve had all the ingredients over the last decade to win it, but we have fallen short every single year. Do the players lack that final bit of belief that we are completely intertwined with them and “together” (a club motto for a decade now), something that would simply be in their subconscious but something that gives them that extra 1%? Because those involved in sport are constantly talking about all the 1%’ers. All those extra 1% you can get hold of and utilise, despite being just an extra 1%, are fucking huge!

This. An excellent summary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.