Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It’s unique to City fans which I reckon is probably just habit. Strange you don’t see it on the same scale at Anfield or Old Trafford.

Each to theIr own but
the exodus at 85 minutes is embarrassing ....IN MY OPINION !
I`m fukin puzzled to be honest

the greatest team you are ever l;ikely to see and people bolt for the exits 10 minutes early.

Nevermind
All scoreline dependent of course, but 75th minute is a slack handful, 80th minute and another contingent goes, 85th minute floodgates opened. Bang on them timings as well.

It’s just one of those things that will never change, is debated on here every season and it makes zero difference so no point overly worrying about it. I agree with Pep though, the atmosphere has been better and there is definitely a sense of anticipation in the ground now. That must be the Haaland factor.

That’s a lot of incorrect conjecture there.

I’m neither sad nor needy nor a troll nor do I need to make myself feel better about my own life.

I’m also not any sort of superfan nor a wannabe one.

Blues criticise other Blues all the time. There’s nowt up with that. We’re not all some sort of untouchable infallible delicate creatures who melt anytime anyone says anything that’s not 100% positive about us. You yourself have just criticised me as the OP and anyone who’s contributed to this thread in agreement with the sentiment, and it hasn’t made me think of a sentence to deconstruct your personality.

Plus this isn’t about me or others who stay to applaud; it’s about the players, and the player-fan bond. Which makes you point a bit redundant.

Pep’s already come out this week and said that the players are enjoying playing at the Etihad more this season because the atmosphere being noticeably better. It’s all about forming that bond between the fans and the team. And I bet they’d all feel an increase in that bond with their efforts being attended to the end and applauded for afterwards.

I’m sure a lot of them have a nice tidy bank account to soften the blow if we don’t, but for players at our level it’s about more than just money, it’s about winning trophies and becoming legends of the club and with the fans and leaving a lasting legacy, but I also think it’s just as important with us fans in having the same impact with and meaning to the players.

Plus this sort of bond is maybe something that’s missing a bit when it comes to us going that extra mile and finally winning the CL. Think about it, we’ve had all the ingredients over the last decade to win it, but we have fallen short every single year. Do the players lack that final bit of belief that we are completely intertwined with them and “together” (a club motto for a decade now), something that would simply be in their subconscious but something that gives them that extra 1%? Because those involved in sport are constantly talking about all the 1%’ers. All those extra 1% you can get hold of and utilise, despite being just an extra 1%, are fucking huge!

Maybe not, maybe that’s bollocks, but I’m dead certain that 30,000 people getting up and leaving in the last ten minutes of every home game is never ever going to build it.

There’s a fella called Jamie Jones-Buchanan who played for Leeds Rhinos in rugby league, he’s now a coach and pundit after retiring from the game. Something he always talks about are those extra 1%’ers. When he played he always used to get his team to do loads of things that contributed to it all: celebrating the little wins within a game, at half time all the team gather on the half way line and jog to the changing rooms together as a team, doing a lap of honour after every game win lose or draw, and also the fans contributing to all of it n’all… he won everything in the game.
Post of the season so far this.

The higher up the ladder of success a club gets the finer the detail is needed to get it that bit greater. We have the best players, the best manager, the best club and infrastructure, do we have the best fans? If you'd asked me that when we were shit I'd say yes without a doubt, now I genuinely don't think we do. Just an extra 5/10 minutes commitment at each home game could go a long way to resolving that and who knows what furthwr sucess that fine detail might bring

What gets on my nerves is where I sit in south stand level 3 row p on the end of a row. From 75 minutes people start leaving In various ways.
1. The slow walkers 1 step every 5 seconds.
2. The stop and wait if city attack
3. The just stop and block my view
4. The get down and sit in any random seat nearer the exit.
5. Last game get to barrier and stand there and block everyone’s view.

the last 10 minutes of every game I can’t see any goalmouth action if I sit down.

it’s and absolute joke, to all the early leavers it’s not just you missing the game it’s everyone else trying to see the game whilst you slow walk out.

does my head in

That's fair enough mate and your decision, it's the same for every club all home fans get stuck in traffic and our away fans don't exactly glide home.
What confuses me is; football fans who attend games with 50000 plus are surprised they on occasions get stuck in traffic.
The best policy is to stay and applaud the team that way you avoid the rush.

You avoid the rush by leaving early.
I stay until the end and not once have I avoided the rush.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.