Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I used to get really annoyed at early leavers and always stayed past the final whistle to clap.

Then I moved out of the city centre. Then I had a kid... On top of that, the club continues to neglect basic logistical improvements to match day infrastructure.

if it's a 3:00 kick off, yeah I generally stay unless we have plans after. Week Night games? Fuck it I'm off early. Leaving on 85 mins means I get home at 11. Leaving on full time probably closer to 12:30. And that's if getting the train.

Made the mistake of driving a couple of times in the last year and wound up sitting in the car park traffic for 45 mins.

Instead of wasting your time chastising people you know nothing of their lives, why not petition the club to improve;

--traffic flow around the ground on a match day

-- better communication with the metro and rail services to make sure transport is more readily available

--improving the fucking concession and beer queues so there isn't the need to go down early before half time - I wasn't drinking against Bournemouth but I went down early to beat the beer queues as I needed water and still took beyond second half kick off

I never leave early (ok, done it twice - 1st time when 5-1 down to Chelsea in my 1st trip to Wembley and 2nd was when a load of Boro fans steamed into the North Stand at Maine Rd and it was kicking off everywhere). I never understand people who do - you wouldn't leave a cinema or theatre before the end and you're less emotionally engaged in that.

However, apart from cheering/applauding at the final whistle, I'm not sure of the need to stay much beyond that. Doing a lap of owner after coming back at home to Palace feels a bit like Shergar fist pumping for a draw with West Brom. Then again, I'm probably from an era where you only stayed after the final whistle to boo and join the protests outside

I used to get really annoyed at early leavers and always stayed past the final whistle to clap.

Then I moved out of the city centre. Then I had a kid... On top of that, the club continues to neglect basic logistical improvements to match day infrastructure.

if it's a 3:00 kick off, yeah I generally stay unless we have plans after. Week Night games? Fuck it I'm off early. Leaving on 85 mins means I get home at 11. Leaving on full time probably closer to 12:30. And that's if getting the train.

Made the mistake of driving a couple of times in the last year and wound up sitting in the car park traffic for 45 mins.

Instead of wasting your time chastising people you know nothing of their lives, why not petition the club to improve;

--traffic flow around the ground on a match day

-- better communication with the metro and rail services to make sure transport is more readily available

--improving the fucking concession and beer queues so there isn't the need to go down early before half time - I wasn't drinking against Bournemouth but I went down early to beat the beer queues as I needed water and still took beyond second half kick off
It's all about you isn't it......

On the subject of service at the ground

The vast majority of people seving behind the bars on the concourses are teenagers. +18.

Apart from trying to pour a pint, serv pie and chips, flip a burger, have a laugh and talk to each other during a lull in service, those teenagers couldn't give a f*ck, like most teenagers don't. It just a few hours work and some extra money for them, for those that manage to stay the course of a season. City know this, so they aren't going to be too bothered about the general complaints about service on the concourses. In the Tunnel Club and other corporate areas that's a different matter altogether.

Reactions: mat
Too many day trippers unfortunately nowadays, they will never get it. Whenever you see a picture of the crowd from a city home game with the goalscorer in the picture, you can see loads of fans in the shot are taking pictures . Does my head in now with the modern day supporter

Too many day trippers unfortunately nowadays, they will never get it. Whenever you see a picture of the crowd from a city home game with the goalscorer in the picture, you can see loads of fans in the shot are taking pictures . Does my head in now with the modern day supporter

My missus documents everything from what we eat to who we speak to and is IMHO an ostentatious nuisance.

If you see a FOC with a woman in tow who is taking picture after picture whilst asking the FOC to pose next one wall or other it's me, I am not a daytripper or a newcomer just a browbeaten extra in a womans attempt to vlog the world through the lens of a very expensive mobile phone.

Which was what?

I reckon City fans are more loyal than Birmingham Phoenix fans.

We were formed in 2008, BP in 2020.

It was in reply to the guy who said “It ( football) is the only entertainment industry where people leave 15 minutes before the end” I could have given any number of examples of why that isn’t the case. But as I was literally watching one such case in front of my own eyes, I used that.

I’d hazard a guess that your average day tripper stays longer in the ground than your average 40 year veteran.

It was in reply to the guy who said “It ( football) is the only entertainment industry where people leave 15 minutes before the end” I could have given any number of examples of why that isn’t the case. But as I was literally watching one such case in front of my own eyes, I used that.
Cricket is a very different sport to football. It was a total rout for MO tonight.

Akin to being 5-0 down at home in football.

If BP were winning, more people would have stayed.

Couple that with no one really supporting franchised teams and I don’t think it’s a good example at all.

The trend today is towards satisfy "me " and to hell with anyone else. So my " me" perspective is, I save to pay for the ticket to watch a match, save for the price of transport to and from the match, save to pay for match day food and sometimes accommodation. I willingly give up a day to attend and usually end up in an attic seat because I cannot plan ahead for long enough to get a decent seat, while seats held by some season ticket holders are empty because they can afford to only attend the "big" games. When I sit in my seat, I miss 5/10 minutes at the start because of late comers walking across my line of vision, another 5/10 minutes before and after half time and anything up to 15 minutes before the final whistle as early leavers start to leave, some loitering along the way blocking out the play from those who want to remain in their seats until the end. So you pay for 90 minutes and you are lucky to actually see, what you paid for a seat to watch, for maybe less than 70 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.