Fans that have been supporting City for 30+ years!!!!

The Peter Reid / Sam Elliss era was by far the worst football dished up
in recent times. We actually had a few decent players (like Clive Allen
who he point blankly refused to play so he could play his mate Adrian Heath!)

With likes of Frank Clarke and Alan Ball - the players were sub-standard with the
very large & notable exception of Kinkladze

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Went to my first City game in early 1964, some of the stuff served up around the Derek Kevan/Jimmy Murray period was pretty bad tbh....Gates were poor too, how about 8015 against Swindon....

Was this the game that Bill Leivers was so sipped off with the efforts all around him that he dribbled half the length of the pitch and hit a real banana shot for a 1-1 draw!

Bill Leivers....There's a name from the past.....lol!

Can't remember tbh, but George Poyser's City lost 2-1 and Mike Summerbee played and scored for Swindon. I stood in the scoreboard end as a schoolboy and it was DESERTED, ie:- nearest person probably 10 foot away.....

Taken by my father to the derby match at maine road at the age of 7 we were at the back of the platt lane stand . I was too small to see so my dad had me on his shoulders some of the time, but we lost 2-4 it never stopped raining, the pitch was a joke much like the team that day.Believe me I,ve seen much worse tactics and play than todays team.I think Mancini could be a good manager given time and players that are not someone elses choice.The year was 1957 .

Enjoyed reading the posts on the thread from fans that have been going for 30,40 even 50 years (old codgers)

Glad that many have a glass half full attitude, proper cheered me up this thread. Can't wait for Sunday, I think we will get a 2-1 win

In the 30+ years this is far from the worst football I have seen. In fact I would go far as to say that it would get into the top ten best football seasons. The start of the season was great football at times because it was so exciting not knowing whether we would score more or concede more. In reality we more often than not came out even. I was never convinced by Hughes but as an attacking threat we looked fantastic but defence was a shambles. Maybe we have to reduce our expectations a little!

I do not think we would have made top four with Hughes. I thought we had a better chance with Mancini but I am probably less optimistic of achieving 4th than when he was appointed.

All in all lets just calm down a bit. The guy has been in charge for a few weeks, we are 4th with a game in hand and if we make the top four then I am happy.

Mancini has a better track record than anyone on this forum (and Hughes) so lets just judge the man at the end of the season not on whether we have played pretty football for a few games.

4th place will allow us to sign the two or three players that willl turn us into a very good team (hopefully)! :)

They are lying, I have been a fan since around 77 and still didnt change my young mind after 81 (despite the tears) and there has been some shocking football to watch.

I think and I say this as a supporter who dosnt go to the games anymore, TV is to blame it highlights every fault with replays over and over again, so we can all see how crap it was.

When I was younger I had to watch teletext to see if we had scored and that was always way behind and then as a paper boy read everybody else's papers for the match reports lol

So the mistakes or bad football wasnt as evident as modern day football of the sky era.

Anyways my own choice for worse football would probably be the relegation to league 2 and Pearce's last season.

The football on display now looks so much worse because we want success so badly that we are becoming impatient.

Started watching in the 50s, Trautmann, Revie, Roy Paul etc. The current football is far from the worst. You don't have to go back far to remember that under Pearce we didn't score a goal at home from New Year's Day until the end of the season! What's more we didn't even look like we were going to score. The end of Keegan's era was just as bad as Pearce's spell in charge.
We are 4th and have scored 16 goals in 8 prem games , which equals Hughes rate and the defence is conceding less than 1 per game under Roberto while it was around 1.7 under MH.
Don't judge the standard of football by the way you play against Stoke. Nobody plays good football against Stoke.

Tell the miserable old gits to do one... If thats the worst theyve seen then they are deffo senile and no notice should be taken of them whatsoever...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.