Fans that have been supporting City for 30+ years!!!!

Been a City fan since 75, and i have seen a LOT of awful City games in my time, i know these last few games have been frustrating, but we are missing possible our most creative forwards at the time.
If you take Rooney and Giggs out of scum what would they be, a pile of shit.
Here in Norway we have a team called Brann, who consider themselves a huge team, just like City, but everything in the club from top to bottom lacks the right mentality, these things take time and we have to be patient.
Mancini inherrited Hughes players and cant make wonders in 2 months, but i almost think even god himself would have problems managing my beloved City.
This team have almost become a disease to me, but most of all the love of my life.

Regards from a blue warrior from Norway.

corrigan of norway said:
Been a City fan since 75, and i have seen a LOT of awful City games in my time, i know these last few games have been frustrating, but we are missing possible our most creative forwards at the time.
Here in Norway we have a team called Brann, who consider themselves a huge team, just like City, but everything in the club from top to bottom lacks the right mentality, these things take time and we have to be patient.
Mancini inherrited Hughes players and cant make wonders in 2 months, but i almost think even god himself would have problems managing my beloved City.
This team have almost become a disease to me, but most of all the love of my life.

Mancini has inherited good players. I disagee with you there

Form has dipped. All clubs have dips in form at times throughout the season, and encouragingly we are still picking up points. I like Mancini, and some of the criticism he has received has been unjust

we're now coming to the pressure stage of the season, but it strikes me that nervousness amongst the fans is transmitting itself to the players rather than the other way around. 34 years have taken its toll. City fans expect disappointment and see every poor performance as heralding the end of the world.

corrigan of norway said:

welcome to my life of torture;)

Marvin said:
corrigan of norway said:

Mancini has inherited good players. I disagee with you there

Form has dipped. All clubs have dips in form at times throughout the season, and encouragingly we are still picking up points. I like Mancini, and some of the criticism he has received has been unjust

we're now coming to the pressure stage of the season, but it strikes me that nervousness amongst the fans is transmitting itself to the players rather than the other way around. 34 years have taken its toll. City fans expect disappointment and see every poor performance as heralding the end of the world.

this is true. its the end of the world as we know it

I've been going to watch City for 30+ years and I can confirm last night was the worst fotball i can remember! I'm just so thankful i only have to watch Stoke play once more this season!

Mind you watching Stoke isn't as bad as listening to their Tom Jones fanclub who can't tell difference between a passion for football with childish hysteria. Definitely puts my minor gripes about current performances and the attitudes of some of my fellow Blues in perspective.

First game I went to was in the 74-75 season. Been a ST Holder for over 25 years.

I just want to add that this is by no means the worst football we've seen in that period. However, there have been some bad games - just as there is in every season for every team. BUT, we have too many players underperforming at the moment.

1. Toure - been shite all season and no signs he can improve from what I've seen. No better than Dunne.
2. Lescott - been injured or shite and not a patch on his Everton form.
3. Barry - looks a stone overweight, has not run the midfield once for us this season. Not a patch on his Villa form.
4. Ireland - 50% of the player we know he can be. Injuries not helped and out of position a lot to be fair. But still been poor.
5. SWP - not scoring enough or delivering killer passes. Seems to be pinging off him a lot more than usual.
6. Santa Cruz - total duck-egg if you ask me. Not even sniffed his Blackburn form yet. Always injured - poor buy.
7. Vieira - going to give him the benefit of the doubt after two matches! ;)
8. Adebayor - Started off great dipped in form but starting to find his scoring boots again. Just wish he'd jump!

So, that's about 8 players who can play a lot better and we're still 4th with a game in hand!!! Imagine how good we'd be if all these players started hitting top form again - we'd be pissing this league I'm sure! Don't know if it's down to coaching or what but I know we have the players to be a brilliant team whilst at the moment we're a brilliant team playing at 70%.

All in all I'm very happy with the squad we've got so I can only presume we need a world-class coach (not Brian Kidd ffs!) or manager to get the best out of the players we have. But what do I know?

been supporting city for 40 years and watching them home and away for 35 years ( near as dammit ) watched some dross over the years.
what i will say though is i'm disappointed with some of the recent performances not a lot of flowing football or fluency in the play, sometimes players have looked to be total strangers to each other, however i do accept new manager with different ideas and tactics it does take time and many of us old arses have been patient for a long time so a little longer won't make any difference.
one thing i have noticed in last couple of games, micah last night, went to win ball left his man, stopped, confusion with jong and stoke lad left them standing and slotted ball through to lad micah was supposed to be marking, lucky to get away with it.

Anyone who says its the worst they've seen have def NOT been watchin consistantly for 30+ yrs..!

They are prob some of the 15,000+ who stopped goin during the really shit times..

kearnagan,eike immel,jammie drops a bollock pollock,david cross and mark lillis were once our best players so get a fucking grip and stop moaning.We are on course to what will be a great end to a groundbreaking season for us.Lets just get behind the team like only we can.

blumoonrises said:
Anyone who says its the worst they've seen have def NOT been watchin consistantly for 30+ yrs..!

Agreed. FFS anyone who watched the Pearce and Clark days (which are within just the last 15 years!) should know this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.