FAO those who just know the rags will be champs come May

Re: FAO who just KNOW that the rags will be champs come May?

robbieh said:
As someone pointed out elsewhere.

We have had 5 players sent off whereas the rags have had one.

Our opponents on the other hand have not recieved a single red whereas teams playing against United have recieved 6 red cards.

Overcoming those sort of odds will take some doing.
Thats wrong. Evans was sent off against us.

franksinatra said:
oakiecokie said:
franksinatra said:
Its not case of fucking it up, we have had a fantastic season whether we finish first or second. The manager has probably made mistakes but so has every other, and I am pretty sure his reason for stating that was to take pressure of the players, after recent poor performances. if we win it great, if not, lets not let it detract from a marvellous season and some amazing football.

My point is not against either the players nor the manager,but City fans who believe the "world is against us".
Constant drivel about bent refs who do not want us to win the PL etc is disturbing,when some fans cannot see the wood for the trees and bad performances are directly to blame.
Hell if we come second I will be disappointed but not angry and yes we will have made progress,but unfortunately this season it may not be in the form of a trophy.
I don`t believe all this crap that other teams will get better next season,whilst we wont.We will certainly get even stronger and I can wait another 12 months if thats what it takes.
Unfortunately some people want the bigger success now.Thankfully I would think that our Owner can also and stability is the name of the game.People forget that we should,bar a bloody big cock up,even by our standards,be back in the CL.
Patience is a virtue.

Couldn't agree more, the dropped points at Everton and Sunderland, when both teams had a number of injuries was no ones fault but our own and is an example that we still have a little way to go in some instances.

It would be a disaster if the hard work by the team and management was erased due to the rashness of the owner, although like you I am pretty confident that the progress made will be recognised.

It would be disastrous if we spiralled into chaos which has happened with Chelsea who continually change managers, due to the ridiculous expectations of the chairman in such a short space of time. It amazes me some fans would want that.

It has been a great season, with real progress made, and although we have a lot of armchair managers amongst us, the only real measure of success we can judge Mancini on is by the continual improvment which again has taken place this season.

One other game that people tend to either ignore or forget about is Fulham away.0-2 up and we escape with a draw.Two more points dropped and no bad ref decisions that day.
Totally agree ref not changing Managers and it appears that our Owner wants greater stability.How long did it take Slur Alexsshhhh ?

franksinatra said:
oakiecokie said:
franksinatra said:
Its not case of fucking it up, we have had a fantastic season whether we finish first or second. The manager has probably made mistakes but so has every other, and I am pretty sure his reason for stating that was to take pressure of the players, after recent poor performances. if we win it great, if not, lets not let it detract from a marvellous season and some amazing football.

My point is not against either the players nor the manager,but City fans who believe the "world is against us".
Constant drivel about bent refs who do not want us to win the PL etc is disturbing,when some fans cannot see the wood for the trees and bad performances are directly to blame.
Hell if we come second I will be disappointed but not angry and yes we will have made progress,but unfortunately this season it may not be in the form of a trophy.
I don`t believe all this crap that other teams will get better next season,whilst we wont.We will certainly get even stronger and I can wait another 12 months if thats what it takes.
Unfortunately some people want the bigger success now.Thankfully I would think that our Owner can also and stability is the name of the game.People forget that we should,bar a bloody big cock up,even by our standards,be back in the CL.
Patience is a virtue.

Couldn't agree more, the dropped points at Everton and Sunderland, when both teams had a number of injuries was no ones fault but our own and is an example that we still have a little way to go in some instances.

It would be a disaster if the hard work by the team and management was erased due to the rashness of the owner, although like you I am pretty confident that the progress made will be recognised.

It would be disastrous if we spiralled into chaos which has happened with Chelsea who continually change managers, due to the ridiculous expectations of the chairman in such a short space of time. It amazes me some fans would want that.

It has been a great season, with real progress made, and although we have a lot of armchair managers amongst us, the only real measure of success we can judge Mancini on is by the continual improvment which again has taken place this season.

i like these two posts.

oakiecokie said:
franksinatra said:
oakiecokie said:
Patience is a virtue.

One other game that people tend to either ignore or forget about is Fulham away.0-2 up and we escape with a draw.Two more points dropped and no bad ref decisions that day.
Totally agree ref not changing Managers and it appears that our Owner wants greater stability.How long did it take Slur Alexsshhhh ?
wrong, Dzeko was hacked from behind when they got their 2nd goal

jrb said:
But you can't keep on saying refs are bent, it's a PL conspiracy, etc, etc.

We have the players and the team to beat anyone. It doesn't matter what United do or how much help they get, we had and still have the quality and talent to have walked/pissed this league.

We just blew it. Simple as. :-(

-- Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:03 pm --

dctid said:
didactic said:
Well their "luck" seems better than ours because things seem to be happening for them when they need them most. When now even the goal difference is evaporating. Teams that play out of their skin against us seem to fold when they from over there visit.

I dont get it.

West Brom and Everton and Fulham and Swansea did not play out of their skin we played shite

did one of our players say after the Lisbon game we did not try very hard in the first half - if so each and every fookin one of them wants a kicking

we are where we are because of us no one else

Indeed.

Look at West Brom and Sunderland away. We had chance after chance, yet failed to take any of them.

Not only that, but if nothing else, you'd expect us to come away with at least a draw and 1 point at Sunderland, Everton and Swansea. We lost by a scrapy/soft/mistake ridden goal at each of those games. Criminal.
sunderland won with a blatent offside goal conveniently missed by the linesman. we had a perfectly good goal ruled out at w.brom<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:47 pm --<br /><br />
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
All this agenda talk just gives everyone a convenient excuse.

I would say they have been lucky with the timing of some of their games but that is pure luck.

I will be laying the blame at the players and mancini's doors if we don't at least get close.
was it luck that all 6 games after champions leagues were at home & all 6 of ours were away. IS that realy just luck, surely you cant believe that ?

ballinio said:
oakiecokie said:
franksinatra said:

wrong, Dzeko was hacked from behind when they got their 2nd goal

And we should have had a third just after they scored their first,so bollocks to more shite that the ref fucked it up again "sob story" We are our own worst enemies at times.

ballinio said:
jrb said:

We have the players and the team to beat anyone. It doesn't matter what United do or how much help they get, we had and still have the quality and talent to have walked/pissed this league.

dctid said:
West Brom and Everton and Fulham and Swansea did not play out of their skin we played shite

did one of our players say after the Lisbon game we did not try very hard in the first half - if so each and every fookin one of them wants a kicking

Indeed.

Look at West Brom and Sunderland away. We had chance after chance, yet failed to take any of them.

Not only that, but if nothing else, you'd expect us to come away with at least a draw and 1 point at Sunderland, Everton and Swansea. We lost by a scrapy/soft/mistake ridden goal at each of those games. Criminal.
sunderland won with a blatent offside goal conveniently missed by the linesman. we had a perfectly good goal ruled out at w.brom

-- Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:47 pm --

I would say they have been lucky with the timing of some of their games but that is pure luck.

I will be laying the blame at the players and mancini's doors if we don't at least get close.
was it luck that all 6 games after champions leagues were at home & all 6 of ours were away. IS that realy just luck, surely you cant believe that ?

That statement is just insanity, you could easily argue how lucky we were to play at home before the crucial champions league tie, rather than a touigh away match

ballinio said:
jrb said:

dctid said:

Indeed.

sunderland won with a blatent offside goal conveniently missed by the linesman. we had a perfectly good goal ruled out at w.brom

-- Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:47 pm --

The exact same thing happened to United last season.

Plus almost all of our games before our CL games were at home, one weekend before CL we didn't even play.

glen quagmire said:
toffee balls said:
glen quagmire said:
Imho the rags won't lose again this season.
Yes they will

They will be chomping at the bit to try and erase the 1-6 demolition. They will get a point at least at the etihad.

That's precisely why the Derby is the closest we have to a "Banker" in the games we have left.

This Season is far from over.

glen quagmire said:
toffee balls said:
glen quagmire said:
Imho the rags won't lose again this season.
Yes they will

They will be chomping at the bit to try and erase the 1-6 demolition. They will get a point at least at the etihad.

what about us chomping at the bit to erase as many as you like to mention against them clowns.
i would be chomping at the bit every time we play them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.