fat ism

kinkysleftfoot said:
why dont fat people have to pay more when flying?

I have to pay more if my luggage is over my alllowance but some 18 stone guy and his 15 stone wife pay no extra??

Because the odds are that having paid for it they may never take up the return flight........ bit of heat and a dip in the pool...good chance of a heart attack. ;o)

lol not thought of that one!

Citytillidie69 said:
kinkysleftfoot said:

I have to pay more if my luggage is over my alllowance but some 18 stone guy and his 15 stone wife pay no extra??

Because the odds are that having paid for it they may never take up the return flight........ bit of heat and a dip in the pool...good chance of a heart attack. ;o)

kinkysleftfoot said:

On a serious note they are thinking of doing this. You will have, say, a maximum weight limit of 115kg which includes your body weight and luggage.

smudgedj said:
kinkysleftfoot said:

On a serious note they are thinking of doing this. You will have, say, a maximum weight limit of 115kg which includes your body weight and luggage.

Its got to be Ryan air coming out with shit like that.

Fat ism is no better or worse than racism.

Each one can cause offense.

A fat bastard might be more offended by the term fat bastard than a Pakistani would be at being called a p***.

The two, along with sexism and ageism, are all on an equal footing.

If you ban Ron Atkinson for his comments, you must ban people who make similarly insulting comments about peoples weight.

Or ban neither (which is what I would be in favour of).

kinkysleftfoot said:

By the same token you might as well say:

why dont asians get searched more at airports?

Do you see my point?

pee dubyas crayons said:
Fat ism is no better or worse than racism.

Each one can cause offense.

A fat bastard might be more offended by the term fat bastard than a Pakistani would be at being called a p***.

The two, along with sexism and ageism, are all on an equal footing.

If you ban Ron Atkinson for his comments, you must ban people who make similarly insulting comments about peoples weight.

Or ban neither (which is what I would be in favour of).

absolute codswallop......next you'll be saying calling someone a "lazy" is like racism because it causes offence..... I take it your a signed up member of the PC brigade pee dubya.

You cannot choose your sex, age, skin colour, ethnicity but you can certainly choose to be fat.

Citytillidie69 said:
absolute codswallop......next you'll be saying calling someone a "lazy" is like racism because it causes offence..... I take it your a signed up member of the PC brigade pee dubya.

You cannot choose your sex, age, skin colour, ethnicity but you can certainly choose to be fat.

What about people who are exceptionally tall and hence heavier than average

Should they be forced to pay more on a plane?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.