fat ism

im overweight, and i admit i like my food and beer.

im happy as i am, people like me for who i am, i aint for all this fatism, as some people bring it on themselves, but people have to stop and think, some fat people cant actually help it.

im not one of them who cant help it as i can.

I go to work everyday and can do 10-14 hours a day sometimes 6 or 7 days a week, plus im on call aswell, i could find time for the gym, but i dont want to. At the end of the day im happy with my life, my looks and personality.

I understand this thread is about fat people going all pc and wanting to make it a disability, but it has turned into a thread slagging off fat people, and some people do take offence to it.

Challenger1978 said:
smudgedj said:
On a serious note they are thinking of doing this. You will have, say, a maximum weight limit of 115kg which includes your body weight and luggage.

Its got to be Ryan air coming out with shit like that.

No, it was Air New Zealand, Ryan Air may implement it first. It seems a far system to me.

pee dubyas crayons said:
Citytillidie69 said:
absolute codswallop......next you'll be saying calling someone a "lazy" is like racism because it causes offence..... I take it your a signed up member of the PC brigade pee dubya.

You cannot choose your sex, age, skin colour, ethnicity but you can certainly choose to be fat.

What about people who are exceptionally tall and hence heavier than average

Should they be forced to pay more on a plane?

I think you will find an exceptionally tall persons Body Mass Index (bmi) will dictate if they are fat or not.

Someone who is 6' 7" tall and weighs 16 stone is not fat.

Someone who is 6'7 tall and weighs 20 stone - IS A FAT BASTARD who should be forced to pay mor on a plane, and forced to pay more tax to cover the cost of additional health care requirements.

pee dubyas crayons said:
Citytillidie69 said:
absolute codswallop......next you'll be saying calling someone a "lazy" is like racism because it causes offence..... I take it your a signed up member of the PC brigade pee dubya.

You cannot choose your sex, age, skin colour, ethnicity but you can certainly choose to be fat.

Yes

Citytillidie69 said:
Someone who is 6'7 tall and weighs 20 stone - IS A FAT BASTARD who should be forced to pay mor on a plane, and forced to pay more tax to cover the cost of additional health care requirements.

OK so the airlines would have to do BMI calculations on each passenger - I would agree with that, but it's not easy is it?

What about the disproportionate searching of muslims at airports - do you agree with that? And if not (which I suspect will be the case), why not?

pee dubyas crayons said:
Citytillidie69 said:

No, but I shouldn't be forced to pay for excess baggage. It's always annoyed me when I roll up weighing 12 stone and with a suitcase that's a couple of Kg's over the weight allowance and they start talking about excess baggage charges when the heffer behind me must be 20 stone and gets no charges as their bag is spot on the limit. There should be a combined weight allowance of person plus baggage (although no doubt some bleeding heart liberal would complain that it was degrading to weigh people).

Matty said:
No, but I shouldn't be forced to pay for excess baggage. It's always annoyed me when I roll up weighing 12 stone and with a suitcase that's a couple of Kg's over the weight allowance and they start talking about excess baggage charges when the heffer behind me must be 20 stone and gets no charges as their bag is spot on the limit. There should be a combined weight allowance of person plus baggage (although no doubt some bleeding heart liberal would complain that it was degrading to weigh people).

Let's face it, the airlines have the right to make a profit and let whoever they want or don't want get on their planes, and charge what they like too.

If they want to charge fat people they should be allowed to.

If they want to charge for excess baggage they should be allowed to.

If they only want to allow women on their planes they should be allowed to.

It's their business. If consumers don't like it, go and use somebody else.

pee dubyas crayons said:
Citytillidie69 said:

OK so the airlines would have to do BMI calculations on each passenger - I would agree with that, but it's not easy is it?

What about the disproportionate searching of muslims at airports - do you agree with that? And if not (which I suspect will be the case), why not?

No they wouldn't need to do a BMI calculation they would just weigh the person and their luggage. It's not a fat thing it's a weight thing.

Every person should be searched the same, I personally get searched all the time, in Helsinki I was searched coming off the plane, in the terminal awaiting my connecting flight, and searched again getting on the connecting flight and then pulled over at Manchester. This is not a once off it happens all the time, it's a big joke with my friends!

pee dubyas crayons said:
Matty said:

Let's face it, the airlines have the right to make a profit and let whoever they want or don't want get on their planes, and charge what they like too.

If they want to charge fat people they should be allowed to.

If they want to charge for excess baggage they should be allowed to.

If they only want to allow women on their planes they should be allowed to.

It's their business. If consumers don't like it, go and use somebody else.

Fuck me, you've changed your tune.

Your first point was that to call someone fat was the same a calling someone a "p*ki".

pee dubyas crayons said:
Fat ism is no better or worse than racism.

Each one can cause offense.

A fat bastard might be more offended by the term fat bastard than a Pakistani would be at being called a p***.

The two, along with sexism and ageism, are all on an equal footing.

If you ban Ron Atkinson for his comments, you must ban people who make similarly insulting comments about peoples weight.

Or ban neither (which is what I would be in favour of).

Just to remind you Pee dubya of your first point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.