Father son & daughter tragedy

There is absolutely no way that three people, all able to swim, die in a pool of that size.
So what do you think happened? There are people on here who think that folk cant die in a 3ft deep canal across Manchester but they do. Solve this awful incident for us, what happened?

I simply can't imagine how this happened.
I've installed 3 pools in my own houses over the years so I know quite a lot about how they operate.
The only explanation I can think of is that they couldn't swim and couldn't get out.

I simply can't imagine how this happened.
I've installed 3 pools in my own houses over the years so I know quite a lot about how they operate.
The only explanation I can think of is that they couldn't swim and couldn't get out.
People panic, kids especially

People panic, kids especially
Very true.
Swimming pools are very simple things the only possible way that a pool could kill you besides drowning because you can't swim is an electrical appliance fell into the pool thereby rendering the swimmers either dead or unconscious.
Pool pump electrical supply is very well isolated from the water entering and leaving the pump also there are failsafes, trip switches that would shut the pump down in case of malfunctions.
That said I suppose in a country like Spain that seems to have low safety regulations maybe a pump had been repaired or badly installed.

I was a lifeguard for several years and the last thing you ever do in an emergency is get directly in the pool next to the drowning person, nobody knows what happened here but sometimes panic leads to disastrous ends. There was an incident a year or two back in a local reservoir where some pranking around lead to four people drowning, one person fell in, and then like lemmings they all went in instead of offering an oar or other help

Very true.
Swimming pools are very simple things the only possible way that a pool could kill you besides drowning because you can't swim is an electrical appliance fell into the pool thereby rendering the swimmers either dead or unconscious.
Pool pump electrical supply is very well isolated from the water entering and leaving the pump also there are failsafes, trip switches that would shut the pump down in case of malfunctions.
That said I suppose in a country like Spain that seems to have low safety regulations maybe a pump had been repaired or badly installed.
Spain isnt third world is it? There will be a very simple answer to this Im sure. Like I said, panic.

As a child (8) i stepped down a very steep slope in one of the pools at the Sol Patos in Costa Del Sol. I can swim like a fish and could then to thanks to my mum sending me off for lessons.
I still nearly drowned, the steep step got me mid inhale, a huge gob full of water and you are under fighting as your coordination goes. Half choking and the other half attempting to self rescue. I managed to grab the side fortunately as my mum was on the other side in the shallow end nattering, she didn't notice a thing, just more splashing from her overly energetic kid as far as she was concerned. If i was not near the side i am not sure i would have got out of that.

Never told mum or that would be it, she would have demanded the pools and sea be drained immediatly. I coughed the water up and/or swallowed it and just carried on like nothing happened 5 seconds later.

I can certainly see how a non swimmer or even a not very confident swimmer could lose their life pretty easily. I was lucky i stayed calm, for the first 2-3 seconds until i got a hand on the side though it was a lot of fear. If they got a gob full in panic and were not near the sides i can imagine they died if there was nobody else around to raise the alarm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.