Favourite City game.....they didn’t win !

3-3 at home to Newcastle in 96, the year we went down

Newcastle has some top players, Kinkladze was brilliant for us and Asprilla elbowed Kieth Curle

A really good game

The late Alan "I enjoyed that" Ball would probably say the 6-0 defeat to Liverpool in 1995.

For the excitement of the game, the 3-3 at home to Newcastle in the same season. But in hindsight it was a useless result for both teams as we went down and Newcastle threw the title away to the rags.

When we played Real Madrid away in the Champions League group stages in 2012, it was only our second season in the competition and City at the Bernabau was still a bit of a "is this actually happening?" kind of feeling. Had we held on for the draw that would've been up there.

Nobody mentioned York away yet...?

I always remember that. When Dzeko made it 1-0. The fans sang Edin Dzeko and then I had to hold myself back from crying as I couldn't believe we were actually playing Real Madrid and we were beating them! Gutted we lost obviously.

Villa away in the FA Cup when Richards scored just for the celebrations for the late equaliser. I thought it was our year til Dean Ashton knocked us out in the next round.

Four stick in my mind:

- Northampton Town away, 2-2 (1998, I think) - thousands of Blues there, many sat in the main home stand with us; Goater announced himself as a scrappy, almost skill-less player who nevertheless could score important goals
- Chelsea at home, 2004 - lost 1-0 to Gudjohnsen goal and even he admitted afterwards that they had robbed us; Van Buyten was immense
- Hamburg UEFA Cup - lost over the two legs but that home game was the best atmosphere we've ever had
- Utd 2-3 loss in FA Cup - Vinny sent off, 3-0 down at half time...yet we came off to a standing ovation and they took a lot of stick for nearly throwing it away

The one we lost at Fulham 5-1 in the 80s when Mick McCarthy scored a spectacular own goal and the City fans roared. We then ended up watching some local matches in the nearby park which were visible from the back of the open end at Craven Cottage. It was the most hilarious awayday ever which started with one of the boats sinking in the Thames near Putney Bridge duriing the Oxford/Cambridge race. I think it was also St Pat's Day but it's all a blur.

Wet and windy at Southampton? That is an understatement! I had my punk leather jacket on with Siouxsie & The Banshees painted on the back. Took days to dry out!
Southampton was an epic trip. We jibbed the trains all the way down and back and missed the first half because we were dancing in a nearby pub. Incredible turn-out of City fans as well.

Four stick in my mind:

- Northampton Town away, 2-2 (1998, I think) - thousands of Blues there, many sat in the main home stand with us; Goater announced himself as a scrappy, almost skill-less player who nevertheless could score important goals
- Chelsea at home, 2004 - lost 1-0 to Gudjohnsen goal and even he admitted afterwards that they had robbed us; Van Buyten was immense
- Hamburg UEFA Cup - lost over the two legs but that home game was the best atmosphere we've ever had
- Utd 2-3 loss in FA Cup - Vinny sent off, 3-0 down at half time...yet we came off to a standing ovation and they took a lot of stick for nearly throwing it away

Totally forgot about the Hamburg game! That's my choice, absolutely incredible atmosphere and was proud of the club and the fans at the final whistle.

Four stick in my mind:

Another good shout - we were excellent that day

1-1 at OT in 92 , Giggs debut I think & Dissa was sent off. My 1st visit there we didn't lose and the best penalty I've ever seen by ohhhh Curly wurley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.