favourite opposition fans

texas pete said:
Zabbasbeard said:
Newcastle fans – putting aside the stories of brutality of the 70-90s, since then I've always had good banter with them, they hate the rags and quite like us, and yes, they applauded us off in that penultimate game. That means a lot.

Sunderland – that 1991 game when they brought 14,000 when they got relegated sticks in the memory, and their Poznan and cheer when the rags lost the title to us goes a long way.

West Brom – Always noisy, innovative (boing boing!), putting aside rag song windups last season they generally have a good sense of hunmour. Minus mark, though, for one of their fans elbowing me as I walked up Halfords Lane (next to their Main Stand) iafter beating them n 1997.

QPR – always got on with their fans, who generally know their football and can relate to us (been down to the 3rd Div etc), we have lots of links and we now have a special bond after May 13th!

Derby – a forgotten about club, with great, noisy passionate fans, who make a lot of noise home and away. That they get such high gates for years when they have been going nowhere says a lot about their fantastic support. Their support never gets the credit it deserves. It's a proper football town and should be ranked up there with teh big connurbations for passion.

West Ham - can relate to them, and they don't take themselves too seriously - always seem to have a healthy regard for us and vice versa (esp since 1987 in our relegation match when they applauded City fans). Never had a problem with them.

Remember going to Pride Park years ago. Think it was a 1-1 draw, Steve Howey header? Greet atmosphere, they sang all the way through HT IIRC.

Hull took 1,500 to Torquay on a Tuesday night a few years back. That deserves respect!

Sunderland/Newcastle both good.

Recall Bradford city brigning a huge mob 15/16 years ago, league & cup game in close succession.

Doncaster took 600 to Hartlepool on Saturday.

Heard Bury take a good following away?

Everton are good numbers wise but do not sing and sit.

Where did you get those Stats from?

Derby 1-1. Remember that 2000/2001. We got taken by bus to a pub where it was City fans only then made our way by bus again to the ground. Mint!

Great atmosphere then and when we went in their bad season in 2007/8. 1-1 draw we were garbage and were lucky to get anything. Great atmosphere and banter with Derby who never stopped. Great support.

Wish clubs like Derby, both Sheffields, Forest, Leicester even were back up (plus I live near 'em all now!).
they were good in the

salfordpaul said:
after travelling home and away for many yrs watching city i have my favourites for the place/ground and craic.

west ham- similar to us, great fans

newcastle - great memories-very knowledgable fans

not too keen on midland teams-but looking forward to sampling reading and southampton never been to them as yet.

who are your faves and why

any opposition fans

but

NO Rags

St Pauli... Had a top time with their fans in Jolly Roger Bar Hamburg
Hammers ..... A cockney version of us?
Liverpool .... Always enjoyed Anfields unique hospitality!

rodziak said:
Beeing a Man City fan who is Polish, lives in Poland and support Widzew Lodz since childhood can say that nowadays Stoke and Tottem at home and lots of away squads are ok.

BTW

where can I see overcrowded singing Kippax This is the thing I haven't experience and will never experience ...

any links?...
heres a link with a few shot of the kippax good day as well we won promotion
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn8IFmiL2yg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn8IFmiL2yg</a>

West ham,always had a soft spot for them because the hatred they have for the shit.

least favourite everton,the shit,newcastle and spurs.

Least favourite in this order:

rags, Tottenham, Arsenal (a new addition), Everton

Best foreign fans: Aris, Poznan.

Worst "foreign" fans: Rangers, Celtic, PSG, Bayern.

Going off being able to drink in home team pubs as an away fan, West Brom, Everton and Newcastle I've always had a good time with their fans.

Worst, although I've always managed to get in their pubs but you know you're not welcome fucking Spurs.

Best foreign fans Aris, Poznan. I have a lot time for the smaller teams we've played in the Europa cup in the early rounds. They didn't bring many fans but always made for a good atmosphere even with more than an half empty stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.