Favourite visit to the swamp?

The 1-6. I was in corporate, which was shit and a waste of money. I stayed quiet all game, well until the 6th and then just stood up, arms held high and yelled my head off. The 4 raggies left in the top tier of the GPC stand didn't take kindly to it but fuck 'em. I then had a moral dilemma, do I drink free beer provided by the Rag business man who had invited me knowing that ultimately I as putting money in the rags purse or to I leave and go to the pub. I decided to do both, I drank him dry and then went to my local.

I was never invited back.

England 2 Greece 2 - Beckham free kick winner to qualify for WC. Brightwell absolute belter 1 - 1 and Kanchelskis harrick 5 0. Mixed bag to say the least..!

Denis has done it , I was there , thought I wouldnt get out alive but i did ,wearing my oxford bags and platform shoes ,&twin set.
loved Wednesdays performance though ,thought we absolutley stuffed them good n proper .despite only being 2 -0

Arthur Albaston testimonial.

Beat them 2-0 and blues treated it like winning the league. Proper piss taking from our fans.

Not been since the 90s, so has to be when Ian Brightwell scored that belter and I was right behind it, in the paddock at the front of the main stand. It was at that moment I realised how many other blues were in there too!

That was about as good as it got back then.

My first trip to OT was the 2-1 victory on the Munich anniversary. Really don't think it will ever be topped due to the context of the weeks leading up to it and the way our fans were on the day. And with everything that's happened since it's easy to forget that we hadn't won there for 34 years and you had the likes of Gelsen Fernandes, Michael Ball and Benjani winning there against Tevez, Scholes, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Vidic et al. They went on to win a PL and CL double that year, but the only double I was interested in was Sven vs Ferguson.

6-1 was obviously incredible, but when we made it 4 it was just a relief - can remember my mate screaming "keep it in the corner" as it was 3-1 on the 89th minute. Those next 3 minutes are all a blur to be honest, I've got more enjoyment from watching it time and again since than being at the game as it was surreal.

2-1 in April 2013 often gets overlooked, but it was probably City's best performance of the season and Mancini's final act. Possibly the best away end for atmosphere I've ever had.

3-0 when they had Moyes, funnily enough I was asked to contribute to the City website about it this week - https://www.mancity.com/news/first-...vzNLg4t915hL1uASXWzLlqb1tgkaWjJ6erzacmOH7w_E4

These past three victories under Pep at OT have all been great because they've barely been a contest.

the 1968 away win , my 1st away derby game , Tony Book allowed Best to open the scoring in the 1st minute but we went on to play them off the park and beat them 3-1 , the result ultimately proved the difference at the end of the season and we won the title on the last day at Newcastle , that '68 team had balls of steel and full of winners , they were not all brilliant or gifted players , just a team that worked their socks of for each other under the great management team of Mercer / Allison , halcyon days indeed.
This was my first away game also, 7 years old and what an atmosphere. ...Sat with thier fans, they were happy after 1 min !
Franny terrorised them and I was hooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.